• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

RP 🎲 Cap'n Nelyafinwë's Pirate Crew

🎲 Role Playing Game
Pretty? Hmm, aye. Pretty dark. And deep and damp. It be no place for the livin', unless they be a sea beastie.
Aye, I suppose you're right. *Maitimo shakes his head, wondering why he was thinking about it.* I just had a strange feeling that... there's something fair down there. But it's probably nothing.

*He turns back towards the rest of the crew.* Has anyone found the source of the foul odor yet??
 
*Popping out of the side of the ship(somewhere), Tiny Ghost nearly face-plants a wave.*

"Ahoy, ye beauty!" *He cries.* "Nary muffin went in ye but was drenched t'the quick! I hope you enjoyed the soggies, lass!"

*He floats upwards, looking for the captain to give his report of "muffins overboard".*
 
*While floating around the ship searching for the missing muffins, Fingon takes a peek inside the galley as he passes by. The pot where Finwë was cooking muffin stew is simmering menacingly, with lots of steam pouring forth from it. This catches his attention.*

Mm, what have we here?? *He peers into the pot at the stew. It’s a sickly brown color, with various lumps floating throughout it. He stares at it.*

…Haru must be making lunch for everyone!

*…His lack of sense of smell has failed him.* 🤣🫠

*Moving on from the galley, Fingon continues to haunt the corridors below deck, searching each room as easily as a ghost can. He stops, however, when he hears the sound of quiet sniffling. Up ahead, Amras is standing there, weeping and looking as if he’s seen a ghost. Fingon floats over to check on him.*

What be the matter, Telvo? Your face is as pale as a sheet, and you seem mighty upset.
 
*Finwe steps out of a storeroom where he has been fetching some bowls. He puts the bowls down on the table and spoons some soup into each one. There is still a lot of soup left*

Hm, I didn't realise I'd made so much....Oh well, there'll be enough for seconds!

*He steps out into the corridor*

DINNER TIME EVERYONE!!!
 
*Captain Nelyafinwë pales. Both from the odor of the rotten muffin stew, and from the oncoming Timo Paradox™️: how to politely refuse his grandfather's cooking without hurting his feelings?*

*A buffering signal appears above his head and he goes blank, wide-eyed and stiff as a statue.*
 
*Tiny Ghost sees Maedhros and flies over.* "Mighty Master Cap'n Maedhros! The sea has swallowed yon muffins, I be sure! What else might Tiny Ghost do for the Cap'n?"

*He sees Curufin looking panicked and Maedhros' frozen expression of dread.*

"Oy?! What devilry threatens ye, mates? Tiny Ghost shall fight it! Hya!" *And he flies in circles, looking for the danger.*
 
It's Amrod. I be missing my best matey. Fingon, ye came back from Davy Jones Locker. Do ye think he might do the same? Or is that path closed now?
 
It's Amrod. I be missing my best matey. Fingon, ye came back from Davy Jones Locker. Do ye think he might do the same? Or is that path closed now?
Oh, c’m ‘ere... 🥺 *wraps Amras in as best of a comforting ghost hug as he can* I know ya miss yer brother. I know ya do. Bein’ on a ship again must be hard fer yer tender heart.

I don’ know why I was left to be here while yer brother has not returned. I don’ think it’s too late fer him, though. Perhaps he may yet find his way back to us someday.
 
DINNER TIME EVERYONE!!!
*Kano pauses in wiping his face with Timo's handkerchief. The thought of eating did seem like a good idea. Maybe it would help settle his stomach and calm him down . . .*

Kano: Okay, I'm coming Grandpa!

*he stumbles a little, still intoxicated, but makes his way over*
Oh no. B'lieve me mates, *hic*, you do not want to try that stuff. Smells like... essence of bilgewater. 😞
Kano: Well, if it only smells like the essence of bilgewater, and not bilgewater itself then maybe it's not so bad

Ulmo: I'm not too sure about that logic

Kano: I'm tryna be optimistic >:|
 
*A cloud of mist hues appears and from within it, a portal, shinning a blue light. Out of nowhere, a burnout looking Tyelko is thrown out and on the deck. He stands up, blinks lazily and dusts his overworked employee suit.*

I have returned at last, my brethren. Where art thou? Tyelko requires hugs filled with comfort.
 
*Seeing Tyelko arriving so suddenly, Tiny Ghost stops his circling and flies up to him.* "Mighty Majesty, Hunter Tyelkormo! It is a pleasure to see you! When Tiny Ghost first saw your forced retreat, it was thought the high Majesty Smith Curufin was the one being elfnapped! Tiny Ghost needs glasses. Ahoy and welcome!"

*He dances in frantic circles.*
 
Oh, hi little one. Pardon my unruly appearance. It has been a rough month of nonstop work for me. I daresay I'm not a sight to look upon even though I have yet to look myself in a mirror.
Your concerns warms my heart.
*At his remark about his eyes, Tyelko laughs*
I assume it is not as easy to find an optometrist upon this deck as it is to find ghosts, right?
 
*Pirate Curvo's eyes open wide as saucers*

BRO— *hic*

*quite forgetting about escaping up the mast, he makes a slightly wobbly beeline for the newly-returned Tyelko, wooden leg clunk-ing on the deck as he goes*

*his voice comes out muffled into Tyelko's shoulder as he clumsily embraces him*
How dare the sea mists steal my *hic* bes' matey. *he sniffles faintly* At least ye seem to have returned to us whole. *pats his shoulder, as though assuring himself Tyelko is solid and real*
 
*Finwe hands Kano a bowl of soup*

Here you go, Kano! I hope you like it, I had to put some muffins in because I lost the potatoes but it should still be good!

I wonder why the others aren't coming....did they hear me call, Kano? Maybe I should go and bring the soup up on the deck so they can eat there.....

*He walks out on to the deck with the pot of soup*

Soup, anyone?
 
*after holding the hug for a few minutes, Fingon releases him gently* Tell ya what, Telvo. How ‘bout we get you a nice, hot bowl of soup? I think I saw Haru Finwë was makin’ some earlier.

*he suddenly looks upwards towards the ceiling for a long moment, a look of sensing focus on his face* We should also probably check on the captain. My ghostly senses are telling me he’s stuck buffering again.
 
Thank you Grandpa! 😊 ... I'm not sure why the others haven't come, it is indeed strange!

*Kano stumbles after Finwe as he returns to the deck, still very tipsy. When they get there, he absentmindedly takes a bite of the soup.*
Wow, this is really-- *it passes through his mouth* ... really ... uh ... oh dear ... it's really ... very ... experimental!

I really like it ... *Kano mumbled, looking a little pale.*
Tyelko?! You're back!! *Kano watched as Curvo came and hugged him, and this brought him back to the verge of tears, it was so good to have them all heare*

We missed you so much T-T *Kano sniffs loudly and wipes his face with Nelyo's handkerchief*
 
*Amras snuggles into the ghost hug* Thank ye, Fingon. It been a mighty long time, but I still miss 'im. Least I still got the rest o' ye to keep me company, aye?
*He nods, heading down the passage* Maybe it would help if we got him some of the soup.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…