• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Curufin & Aredhel

Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
4,431
Based on what Curufin knew when he encountered Eol, and considering that Aredhel had been in close friendship with the sons of Feanor, shouldn't Curufin have aided Aredhel by hindering Eol? Why didn't he?


See chapter 'Of Maeglin' if your memory needs refreshing.
 
Well, I just refreshed my memory, and it says that the guy couldn't kill him because of some crazy laws of the Eldar. I've never heard of them, but oh well.
 
We're talking about the same elf who shot at Luthien from behind.

But Curufin didn't have to kill Eol to aid Aredhel, he could have driven him off in the other direction or held him captive for a while.
 
I know which elf we're talking about. But then, I never was a fan of Luthien. :rolleyes: oh well. Got it. He could have driven him away or captured him. Whoops. Hm. How's about I just say that he was minding his own business? "Oh, I don't really like this Eol elf. I can't kill him. Darn. I'd rather be able to kill him than anything else. oh well. I have this crazy feeling that something bad will happen to him if he keeps going. I'll see how that pans out." :eek: The book did mention that crazy feeling that he got.
 
Celegorm & Curufin weren't there when Maeglin & Aredhel went to visit - they never seemed to be there when their cousin came visiting if you recall - so therefore C & C didn't have any knowledge other than what their servants were told & what Eol told 'em.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top