• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Dangerous Trees

I'm not exactly sure. If they were the Entwives, it would be kinda weird for them to be mean, evil, etc. Whatever, who knows?
 
I knows. Yes, those trees were what was left of the Entwives. That Old Man Willow guy was the only Ent that came with them. He controls the superly sleepy and mostly tree-like Entwives by staying awake with tossing his sleepiness at whatever little things walk by. Like nasssty hobbitses. :D
 
There is no mention of the trees being evil, it just says that the trees attacked the hedge.

Maybe they attacked in self defense.

There is good reason to believe they are the lost entwives.
 
I have read lord of the rings so u can't spoil it for me.

But that was quite thoughtful of you!
 
olorin the maia covered the little bit we know of them. But here's a quote.

The Complete Guide to Middle-earth
Huorns - Creatures of Fangorn, probably Ents (or trees) that had become wild and dangerous in the Great Darkness. Huorns moved little, but when they desired they could travel quickly and wrap themselves in shadow. Huorns could still speak, and were controlled by the true Ents. Although wild, they were not really evil, and they hated Orcs.
 
I don't have my books handy so this is off memory.

When the Numenoreans (Aragorn's and Faramir's ancestors) first returned to Middle-earth (600 Second Age) they built harbors and began building ships in numerous amounts.

And then Sauron overran Eriador trying to capture the Three Elven Rings and war ravaged the land land for many years. 1693 - 1701 S.A.

The full tell is never told but info can be found in Unfinished Tales.
 
Like I said this is off memory, and I haven't read that part in along time.

But ships mainly. The Numenoreans didn't want to use up all the trees on Numenor so they began building them in Middle-earth. They were the greatest sailors to every live. And they were using the wood from Middle-earth for around 2,700 years.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top