- Joined
- Apr 9, 2018
- Messages
- 11,371
Of course you can make suggestions -- we even have a separate forum for it:
That said, the prohibition on discussion of religion -- as well as politics -- came about due to acrimony and hurt feelings, and contributed little or nothing to the health of the forum -- rather the reverse, in fact. There were several attempts to accommodate those subjects, in various ways, but none worked. It's highly unlikely we'll revive them.
I'll add that these rules long predate my membership here, but having explored the TTF catacombs, I have no desire to see that kind of vitriol rise to the surface again.
That said, the prohibition on discussion of religion -- as well as politics -- came about due to acrimony and hurt feelings, and contributed little or nothing to the health of the forum -- rather the reverse, in fact. There were several attempts to accommodate those subjects, in various ways, but none worked. It's highly unlikely we'll revive them.
I'll add that these rules long predate my membership here, but having explored the TTF catacombs, I have no desire to see that kind of vitriol rise to the surface again.

