• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Does Bombadil secretly hate hobbits?

Last edited:
AB is The Adventures of Tom Bombadil; I thought AB was acceptable as an abbreviation much like TH or LoTR. My mistake.

I knew what you meant. For myself, I use ATB. I don't know why exactly, considering that. . .

. . . in the past I've also used: OTLACATEPTMAOMRTTWTSOFAMATDOTVAIM for "Of The Laws And Customs Among The Eldar Pertaining To Marriage And Other Matters Related Thereto: Together With The Statute Of Finwe And Miriel And The Debate Of The Valar At Its Making"

But that's me! Anyway.
 

But, seriously, no, they don't.


'Worst' implies degrees of bad 😐


You spelled 'wretched' wrong 😇


'Wretched' I can actually work with - poor old wretched Gollum, or, dare I say it, POW Gollum!

You know, if I didn't love Orcs so much, I'd change my member name to POWGollum
 
Last edited:
That is a sensible and perfectly obvious abbreviation.
I cannot see how anyone could not know what it means. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…