I agree that Amelia Kenworthy as Mirdania would have made a better
Galadriel although
Annatar=
Sauron telling her she has hair like Galadriel was a huge cringe moment - in a pantomime you would be shouting a warning to her. I like that here we are seeing
elves who are neither aristocracy or warriors but rather artisans - up the workers so to speak. Although I am finding the Sauron dripping poison in everyone's ear a bit tedious. I do realize this is like the Manhattan project for
Middle Earth - with the parallel argument about who should and should not get powerful rings. I like Charles Edwards as
Celebrimbor. It's not a role that will attract a huge amount of fan adulation but I think he is conveying the inner conflict very well. There was a good bit of lore with the making of the
doors of Durin and the mutual respect=friendship between Celebrimbor and Narvi. Though later one of the doors was being used as a table - seemed a bit like sacrilege.
Numenor seems to have gone a bit Game of Thrones with the cowardly atrocious Kemen killing Valandil. I don't think Earien will be too happy despite her misplaced loyalty to the new order. It's going to end badly for Numenor despite the plumbing.
For me the stand out character of the whole series is
Adar now acted by
Sam Hazeldine. It's a great part for an actor and I am wondering if there will be a left field attraction between Adar and Galadriel. Hopefully we'll see more of him in 6-8 though I fear Sauron will do for him. It's a really interesting idea of an
orc leader who opposes Sauron.
This felt like a bridging episode setting up the second half of season two but it was a definite improvement on the last episode.