Sir Eowyn
Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2018
- Messages
- 312
Till death do us part... choose carefully here. Whew, boy.
Now, I haven't actually read the whole Salmarillion (I know, I know), but the only real portrait we get in Lord of the Rings is of course Galadriel and Celeborn. Probably the most overshadowed husband in the history of literature (and later, film as well). She's known to be a heavyweight, the peer of Elrond (probably surpassing him in actual power), and Celeborn... is around. Bit of a gap, I imagine, in marriage, when one of you wields a Great Ring. And she leaves him behind, in Middle-earth. I know she bore a ring and he didn't... but still.
Then we're told of Elrond and Celebrimbor, and don't know really the details, just that he grieved at her wounding.
Fun question... since these Elves live thousands of years, and never age, could they conceivably give birth and have thousands of children?
Now, I haven't actually read the whole Salmarillion (I know, I know), but the only real portrait we get in Lord of the Rings is of course Galadriel and Celeborn. Probably the most overshadowed husband in the history of literature (and later, film as well). She's known to be a heavyweight, the peer of Elrond (probably surpassing him in actual power), and Celeborn... is around. Bit of a gap, I imagine, in marriage, when one of you wields a Great Ring. And she leaves him behind, in Middle-earth. I know she bore a ring and he didn't... but still.
Then we're told of Elrond and Celebrimbor, and don't know really the details, just that he grieved at her wounding.
Fun question... since these Elves live thousands of years, and never age, could they conceivably give birth and have thousands of children?

