• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

FBI Tracks Down TTF Member

Wolfshead said:
Makes you look a right weirdo, though - writing in Elvish, and everyone learned about it :D ;)

I dunno, it might be seen as cool. There's a girl I work with who has a tattoo in Elvish because she thought it was um...trendy. :rolleyes:
 
Just great: first arabic, now tengwar. My dastardly secret organization has been using tengwar for years in our plans to take over the world- now we might have to invent our own alphabet . . .:rolleyes: :D
 
Annaheru said:
Just great: first arabic, now tengwar. My dastardly secret organization has been using tengwar for years in our plans to take over the world- now we might have to invent our own alphabet . . .:rolleyes: :D

Try Klingon. :)
 
HOLY ****


Man Urambo, life has been cruel to u lately hasen't it.

P.S I know how to read Arabic but I don't know what I'm saying when I read it. (Weird, huh)
 
It's a good thing you were not writing fiction in that notebook. Espeically some kind of drama/adventure/spy novel type of story.

:eek:
 
Wonko The Sane said:
Try Klingon. :)
Nah, there must be more crackpots that've written suspicious notes in Klingon. They've probably already got that clocked ;)
 
Wolfshead said:
Nah, there must be more crackpots that've written suspicious notes in Klingon. They've probably already got that clocked ;)

Dwarvish! Or use the Tengwar to write in a different language. They'd know the characters, but not the language. :)
 
Wonko The Sane said:
Dwarvish! Or use the Tengwar to write in a different language. They'd know the characters, but not the language. :)
Welcome to Wonks' Guide To Tricking The FBI And Fast-Tracking Yourself To Prison/The Loony Bin :D
 
Wolfshead said:
Welcome to Wonks' Guide To Tricking The FBI And Fast-Tracking Yourself To Prison/The Loony Bin :D

Hey man, where do you think I'm posting from?

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my Halidol.

:p
 
Reminds me of an episode of American Dad. In this particular episode, someone is writing letters into the CIA in elvish. Of course the CIA's top codebreakers can't figure it out. The main character, Stan, walks in on his son and his friends LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) in the basement. Stan notices on one of his son's cards is in elvish. Stan says "Hey, that looks like the letter's we've been getting!" Stan's son explains that it's elvish and he and his friends translate the letters. Apparantly the guy sending in the letters is threating to blow up factories and technology, etc. to create a Middle-Earth in the here and now. They catch him at the Sci-Fi Con where the threatener is in the process of debating Star-Wars vs. LOTR. (saying things like Frodo could kick Luke's ass). Throughout this whole episode, Stan has been berating his son for being a geek, and it turns out that his geekiness saved the world. Does stan admit it? No. After they catch the guy, Stan says that he at his son are at a car show instead of the Sci-Fi Con.
 
Sarah said:
Reminds me of an episode of American Dad. In this particular episode, someone is writing letters into the CIA in elvish. Of course the CIA's top codebreakers can't figure it out. The main character, Stan, walks in on his son and his friends LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) in the basement. Stan notices on one of his son's cards is in elvish. Stan says "Hey, that looks like the letter's we've been getting!" Stan's son explains that it's elvish and he and his friends translate the letters. Apparantly the guy sending in the letters is threating to blow up factories and technology, etc. to create a Middle-Earth in the here and now. They catch him at the Sci-Fi Con where the threatener is in the process of debating Star-Wars vs. LOTR. (saying things like Frodo could kick Luke's ass). Throughout this whole episode, Stan has been berating his son for being a geek, and it turns out that his geekiness saved the world. Does stan admit it? No. After they catch the guy, Stan says that he at his son are at a car show instead of the Sci-Fi Con.

I haven't seen that one, but I like the one where the dad turns his back garden into a detention camp for all the other people on the street. That American Dad is seriously messed up. :)
 
I've seen that one. Very funny.

Maybe I should stop writing in Dwarvish now. Seriously. I jot notes to myself in Dwarvish all the time. That makes me slightly nervous.

But only slightly. Ah, what the hell. If the FBI wants to come after me, let them come.
 
I should start watching American Dad more often. I can't believe I missed such a good episode.
 
Bethelarien said:
I've seen that one. Very funny.

Maybe I should stop writing in Dwarvish now. Seriously. I jot notes to myself in Dwarvish all the time. That makes me slightly nervous.

But only slightly. Ah, what the hell. If the FBI wants to come after me, let them come.


It depends on what you're writing to yourself. If it's things like "Must kill neighbours and co-workers, must kill neighbours and co-workers" then you might be in trouble. :p
 
I leave you guys for a couple of months and look what happens... well a funny and familiar story nonetheless. I got a two hour lecture on the dangers of Dwarvish and the Black Speech. So now I take notes in Greek.

On a side not I should be back on TTF full time now.
 
I still can't find my own notebook, but I think it just got mixed in with everything else. :rolleyes: It's just lists of words and things though. Really wish I could remember where I put it..... Hadn't exactly ever put anything in there but a few notes, quotes and other things. Made it a little easer to find words that I was looking for when writing things that needed a little something more.

Wraithguard said:
On a side not I should be back on TTF full time now.

*tries to figure out wether or not that needs another 'e' or if he's just trying to confuse people*

Just as long as that sponge stays away. :eek: Evil things they are! Tries to trip us well meaning members of the welcoming community... *pout*

=^.^=

edit------
yeah, alright, that sounded a bit cold... :eek: It'll be good to have ya back dude. I think we still have your seat saved. :D
 
Last edited:
Wonko The Sane said:
It depends on what you're writing to yourself. If it's things like "Must kill neighbours and co-workers, must kill neighbours and co-workers" then you might be in trouble. :p
LOL! Unfortunately, it's nothing nearly that exciting.
 
Annaheru said:
Just great: first arabic, now tengwar. My dastardly secret organization has been using tengwar for years in our plans to take over the world- now we might have to invent our own alphabet . . .:rolleyes: :D

Aha! As a wizard....I heard that........."cool" tale
:cool:
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top