• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Finrod the Rock Opera

THANK YOU for sharing this!!! While this original version’s costumes and sets are lacking somewhat, I’ve come to really enjoy the music and story, and I’ve found plenty of scenes on YouTube with an updated, more well-developed version of the show. Whoever created this opera, as well as The Lay of Leithian one, did an outstanding job bringing the stories and characters to life!
 
I’ve decided to add some of those newer scenes here, so that others may enjoy and appreciate this!






There are many, many more videos like this out there, and I highly recommend giving them a watch! I really wish I could find the whole version of this updated show, but I’m grateful to the people who have been generous enough to upload these scenes and share them with us!
 
@Server Room Gremlin,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for finding and sharing this!!!😃 I’ve really wanted to see the updated version in its entirety, but never came across it. The original version appears to have been from the early 2000’s, if I’m correct, but I much prefer the design and flow of the newer one. However, the video for the original at least has subtitles, so you can read along and actually understand what they’re singing.😅

As for The Lay of Leithian, I did eventually find a video of the updated production, in its entirety. It had been an unlisted one as well. I can share it, if anyone’s interested.

Also, welcome to the forum! We’re happy to have you here!😁
 
@Server Room Gremlin,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for finding and sharing this!!!😃 I’ve really wanted to see the updated version in its entirety, but never came across it. The original version appears to have been from the early 2000’s, if I’m correct, but I much prefer the design and flow of the newer one. However, the video for the original at least has subtitles, so you can read along and actually understand what they’re singing.😅

As for The Lay of Leithian, I did eventually find a video of the updated production, in its entirety. It had been an unlisted one as well. I can share it, if anyone’s interested.

Also, welcome to the forum! We’re happy to have you here!😁
I really like the songs/music in the Lay of Leithian musical. They get stuck in my head lol.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top