• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Glorfindel and Haldir

Pretty close, but one little thing I may not have been clear on. Miriel did not stay in Mandos so that Finwe could marry again, he was just able to do so because Miriel would be staying in Mandos forever. I'm tempted to say more, but there is really tons of information given in the chapter. More explainations might lead to twice as many questions , but if I am still being unclear or have caused confusion just let me know.
 
No Nom you hit pretty good. There is just too much info in that book to put in one thread. The best you can do is read it yourself. Morgoth's Ring and The War of the Jewels IMO are the best books of the HoME series.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…