• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Grima lusts for Eowyn?

Diabless

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2002
Messages
166
I just read in another post that Wormtongue lusted for Eowyn. This I did not know, but I can see how he would. Does anyone have any passages that support his lust. I am not asking for proof but I am really curious to see the words that talk about it!:D
 
Here's one quote for you...
Gandalf to Wormtongue 'How long is it since Saruman bought you? What was the promised price? When all the men were dead, you were to pick your share of treasure, and take the woman you desire? Too long have you watched her under your eyelids and haunted her steps...'
More or less the same deal Morgoth offered Maeglin to betray Gondolin. Those bad guys sure know how to use the power of lust to their advantage.
 
Last edited:
that's quite right. Grima did have the hots for Eowyn and Eomer had a hunch already though he was not able to proove it until Gandalf came. And who wouldn't? Eowyn was described as beautiful, that even Aragorn, if he wasn't trothplighted to Arwen would've had trouble resisting.

:)
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top