• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Young Maitimo instinctively recoils, but as Laurinalotë's magic works on him, he relaxes a little, and doesn't flinch away from Maglor's touch. Thinking logically, he knows these aren't really his brothers, and they are from a different universe. But he still can't afford to trust them, not knowing if they are violent.*

*YM, quietly:* I wish I could trust you, Telvo. But another version of you didn't just try to harm me; he actually did. He slashed me across the chest with a knife.

*Older Maitimo shakes his head, scarcely able to believe his brothers capable of such treachery in any universe. But he nods in agreement with Amras.* He's right, though. I can vouch for him, having known him his whole life. In this universe, our bonds as a family are strong, and neither Telvo nor any of us would never do anything to hurt you.
*Amras stops, stunned. At first, he can't believe he, or another him, would try to hurt his older brother. But one look in YM"s eyes is enough to know he's telling the truth. Amras looks at him with sad eyes, horrified at what he must have been through.* Alright, I understand if you don't trust me, then. I assure you I'm different in this world, though.
*Maglor squeezes YM's shoulder, trying to be comferting.*
M: They're right, we would never do anything to harm you. Your apprehension is understandable, but know that you've no reason to be afraid here.
 
*Amras stops, stunned. At first, he can't believe he, or another him, would try to hurt his older brother. But one look in YM"s eyes is enough to know he's telling the truth. Amras looks at him with sad eyes, horrified at what he must have been through.* Alright, I understand if you don't trust me, then. I assure you I'm different in this world, though.
*YM watches Amras carefully, and is surprised to see the genuine horror and regret on his face. His own Amras was always mean and harsh, even before the murder attempts began.*

You do seem... different... than him.

*Maglor squeezes YM's shoulder, trying to be comferting.*
M: They're right, we would never do anything to harm you. Your apprehension is understandable, but know that you've no reason to be afraid here.
*YM cringes and flinches away. He was shot in the shoulder once-- by Celegorm-- and though the wound is fully healed, the scar can be sensitive sometimes.* Please... don't do that.
 
*YM watches Amras carefully, and is surprised to see the genuine horror and regret on his face. His own Amras was always mean and harsh, even before the murder attempts began.*

You do seem... different... than him.


*YM cringes and flinches away. He was shot in the shoulder once-- by Celegorm-- and though the wound is fully healed, the scar can be sensitive sometimes.* Please... don't do that.
M: I'm-I'm sorry.
*his concern grows, and he wants to do something to help, but worries he'll make things worse*
M: Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?
 
M: I'm-I'm sorry.
*his concern grows, and he wants to do something to help, but worries he'll make things worse*
M: Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?
*YM shrugs helplessly* I don't know... It once helped me when I had a nice long talk with Grandfather Finwë. But then he ended up failing to protect Finno when his father grew violent...

OM: How about a distraction so you don't have to keep thinking about it? That tends to help me whenever I'm stuck in a traumatic memory.

YM: Maybe. Sure.

OM: For starters, we need to keep looking for Tyelko. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking we should hit the candy store first.
 
*YM shrugs helplessly* I don't know... It once helped me when I had a nice long talk with Grandfather Finwë. But then he ended up failing to protect Finno when his father grew violent...

OM: How about a distraction so you don't have to keep thinking about it? That tends to help me whenever I'm stuck in a traumatic memory.

YM: Maybe. Sure.

OM: For starters, we need to keep looking for Tyelko. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking we should hit the candy store first.
M: A distraction is a lovely idea! Where is this candy store? Is it far?
 
*Finwe walks in, and looks around*

Finwe: Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me? I've been having a bit of trouble figuring out how my phone is supposed to work.
Fëanor: Atar!! I've missed you! 🥺

Can I see your phone? ...Wow, your text on this thing is huge.

Finwe: Okay...deal; where do we start looking for him?
OM: My first suggestion was the candy store.
 
*Finwe walks in, and looks around*

Finwe: Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me? I've been having a bit of trouble figuring out how my phone is supposed to work.
M: Hello!! It's so good to see you again!
Fëanor: Atar!! I've missed you! 🥺

Can I see your phone? ...Wow, your text on this thing is huge.


OM: My first suggestion was the candy store.
*Maglor moved to look over Feanor's shoulder at the phone*
M: What's the problem with it?

(OOC: Like I said yesterday, I'll be gone on a trip the rest of the week, so I'm going to disappear for a few days. Cyu Saturday!).
 
*Finwe walks in, and looks around*

Finwe: Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me? I've been having a bit of trouble figuring out how my phone is supposed to work.
Laurinalótë: You have a phone?! ...Do they make them in flower size? Oh, and hello, good sir.

*Aulë gives Yavanna a not-so-subtle wink and exits the room.*
 
Fëanor: Atar!! I've missed you! 🥺
Finwe: I've missed you too, son *hugs him*
M: Hello!! It's so good to see you again!
Finwe: Its good to see you too!
*Maglor moved to look over Feanor's shoulder at the phone*
M: What's the problem with it?
Well, I'd say let me fix this for you before we did more. What were you trying to do?
Can I see your phone? ...Wow, your text on this thing is huge.
*holds out his phone*
Finwe: I can't send my text. I pressed send and it didnt do anything.
Laurinalótë: You have a phone?! ...Do they make them in flower size? Oh, and hello, good sir.
Finwe: I do indeed have a phone. I can't say I've ever come across one in flower size, but then I wouldn't be looking for one.
 
Ingwë.jpeg


Ingwë: My beloved friends: I, Ingwë, High King of Elfinesse, have at last decided what we should do concerning this dastardly attack on our Trees of Light. Much lore of the skies, needful for our armament, have I learned at my weather station upon Taniquetil-
Ingwë: Where is everyone?
Ilwen.jpeg

Ilwen: Darling, they all left for Middle Earth yonks ago. I keep telling you, you've got to get your boots on quicker. This is why no one listens to you!
Ingwë: But, my lake lily, you said I had about five minutes to make a decision. I only took four minutes!
Ilwen: Five normal minutes. You took four Valian minutes!
Ingwë: Come on, when someone says minutes, everyone knows they mean Valian minutes. Finwë, old chum, back me up here.
Ingwë: Finwë, where are you?
Ingwë: What the potatoes is going on!?
Ingwë: Doesn't anyone want to hear the weather?

(Bomb shyly pokes his head into this thread, at Maedhros encouragement...what are the rules, is this ok? Is Ingwë taken? I would have been Finrod, but I'm guessing he's already here somewhere, and didn't want to tread on any toes!
I put pictures because my own picture isn't my character...)
(P.s. I feel like 'What the potatoes is going on?' could be the armorial motto of the Vanyar generally, whenever they come down off their holy mountain 😁)
 
Last edited:
(Welcome to the chaos, @Bomb_Tombadil ! Ingwë is open, so that's fine. @Tyelkormo the Fair was playing Finrod for a bit but I believe she said she's open to letting him go, so you can ask her about that. Now, in order to jump in, you'll want to have at least some sense of what we're currently up to. I'll give you a brief summary, and you can check out the last couple pages. There are several things going on:
  • Maitimo is going to marry my OC Aranya, so wedding preparations have been going on in general, but everybody is distracted with other stuff right now.
  • There are some alternate universe versions of the characters present, so pretty much everyone has a duplicate. One of which is Young Maitimo, from another RP I did on this site, in which all his brothers tried to kill him multiple times.
  • Tyelko disappeared after pushing a button on a TV remote. Everyone has been sort of trying to look for him. His secret wife Lindiel, @Tyelkormo the Fair 's OC, has arrived to help look for him.
  • Finwë just showed up needing help with his phone.
I'd say the easiest way for you to jump in would be to help us look for Tyelko, and maybe interact with Finwë as Ingwë. And feel free to tag any other character for an interaction too. Hope this helps!

Also, I'll be leaving on a trip for a few hours, so I might write myself out of the thread for a few days too.)
 
(I wouldn't dream of stealing Finrod! I'm sure he's in very capable hands with @Tyelkormo the Fair ; perhaps I'll play him in a different adventure one day!)
(Thanks for the recap @Maedhros_Nelyafinwë ! Ok. I think it's in character for Ingwë and his wife to arrive years late and absolutely clueless? So now, maybe they can put some stress on the situation by calling the phone that Finwë doesn't know how to answer. There doesn't seem to be a logical way for them to know about any of the other ongoing problems at this point...)
(Where is the rest of the action taking place? I couldn't work it out. Just in case no one's able to answer the phone and Ingwë has to physically find them...)

Ingwë: My comrade Finwë's absence grieves me. Dark rumour makes my soul forebode. Darling wife, did you bring the Teleriphone that that nice young man sold us at the door last week? He said it used the latest homing seagull technology, remember, and that we didn't need to ask our grandson about it, because it wasn't a scam.
Ilwen: Just a minute, I need my reading glasses.
*Ilwen produces a giant pearl-buttoned Teleriphone and squints*
Ilwen: Call Finwë.
Ilwen: It obeys me not.
Ingwë: Perhaps because you are not the High King of all Elves. Let me try.
Ingwë: (kingishly) CALL FINWË!
*nothing happens*
Handmaiden: Er, Majesties, did anyone put his number in the phone?
Ingwë: Enough of your tech gibberish! Here, call him for us.
*Handmaiden complies. Phone calls @Finwë *

(Have a safe trip, Maedhros! :)
And good luck with finals, Tyelko!)
 
Last edited:
*Finwe walks in, and looks around*

Finwe: Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me? I've been having a bit of trouble figuring out how my phone is supposed to work.
Grandpa Finwe! It's so good to see you again!
OM: My first suggestion was the candy store.
Knowing Tyelko, if he's anywhere, he's at the candy store.
 
*a random door labeled "Denny's" appears*

Maitimo: Well, that looks sus.

Fëanor: What is a "Denny's?"

Aranya: Oh, I think I know what this is! I seem to remember Tyelko talking about it. He really likes their pancakes, and he said they "hit different" when you have them at 2am while contemplating your own existence, and the fluorescent lights are flickering ominously and the bored employee is sitting there judging you for all the pancakes you're eating.

Maitimo: That... does sound like something Tyelko would like.

Aranya: He seemed to indicate if you're not careful, you wake up in the dumpster without your wallet. I thought that sounded... oddly specific.

Maitimo: Maybe that's where he is! What if he's in danger? Come on, we have to check it out!

Fëanor: I'll go in there first, son. It could be a trap, and I am NOT leaving you to walk alone into a trap again! *he opens the door, which opens up to a hazy, flourescent green looking diner. He walks in and the door shuts behind him. Maitimo hesitantly opens the door, and no one's there.*

Maitimo: Atar?? We have to find him!

Aranya: I'm going with you! *they hold hands and walk through the door together. Then, the door disappears.*

*Laurinalotë's magic suddenly increases to a sedative level for Young Maitimo, which is for the better because otherwise he would have a panic attack at seeing his older self disappear into a Denny's.*


YM: I'm... really tired... *lays down in a patch of soft grass and flowers and falls asleep.*

(OOC: See y'all on Wednesday!)
 

Similar threads

Back
Top