• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Aww, thanks! I missed you all too!

That used to be you? Or- not you, but the evil you? The clone? Wow, kinda glad I didn’t see that. I don’t want a mental picture of you getting destroyed. But what’s this now, about my clone not being bothered by it?
 
That used to be you? Or- not you, but the evil you? The clone? Wow, kinda glad I didn’t see that. I don’t want a mental picture of you getting destroyed.
Yeah, seeing another version of myself get blown to bits is now on the long, long list of things I'm traumatized about

But what’s this now, about my clone not being bothered by it?
I mean, I was worried about your clone and how he would react to the clone of me getting blown to bits. I wasn't sure if they were friends like we are. But Aredhel says they hated each other so we probably (?) don't have to worry about it.
 
*Amaniel smiles softly from afar, seeing Lómion run to Fingon, and decides to communicate with him silently also*

You'll miss me, won't you, Lómion? I know that I will, with you.
 
Yeah, seeing another version of myself get blown to bits is now on the long, long list of things I'm traumatized about
I’d imagine.😳

I mean, I was worried about your clone and how he would react to the clone of me getting blown to bits. I wasn't sure if they were friends like we are. But Aredhel says they hated each other so we probably (?) don't have to worry about it.
I see… if we ever wake my clone up again, I still don’t want him going near you, if he hated the clone of you. Not worth the risk.

*Lómion runs to hug Fingon's legs*
Real uncle!
*kneels down and hugs Lómion, with a broad smile* Ah, nephew! What do you think of these colors you now wear?
 
*Amaniel senses Nelyo's troubled heart from afar, and sends thought to him silently*

Forgive me....I sought only to protect you upon those times....
*glances around, confused, not seeing Amaniel*

Okay, I must REALLY be losing it now. I'm definitely not hearing voices in my head, guys... nope, not at all...

I see… if we ever wake my clone up again, I still don’t want him going near you, if he hated the clone of you. Not worth the risk.
I guess that makes sense! Do you agree with that, Aredhel?
 
*glances around, confused, not seeing Amaniel*

Okay, I must REALLY be losing it now. I'm definitely not hearing voices in my head, guys... nope, not at all...
*And the voice of Amaniel replies*

You are not. Have you forgotten, that I am a Maia, nay Elda, and one that hath learnt from the Fëantúri? The ways of the fëa are not concealed from me.
 
What voices, brother? Are you okay?
In all fairness I have not been okay in hundreds of years!

*And the voice of Amaniel replies*

You are not. Have you forgotten, that I am a Maia, nay Elda, and one that hath learnt from the Fëantúri? The ways of the fëa are not concealed from me.
*out loud* Oh, guys, never mind, I'm not losing it after all. Not in that sense at least. It's just Amaniel telepathically communicating with me.

*internally to Amaniel* I mean I'm glad you destroyed the evil clone; he was a menace. I just kind of wish I didn't see it happen. I've seen enough violence in life.
 
*Amaniel sighs in relief*

Well, I may erase your memory of that event if you'd like...or, if you think my skills aren't enough, I could ask Mandos himself to do it. After all, he is the Master of Memory...he should have no problem in executing such a plan if you desired it.​
 
But then would I remember that the event happened in the first place? I feel like it's kind of important information to know that there was an evil clone of me who got blown to bits.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…