• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Turns to Aredhel, glaring at her*

Oh? You made him?

*Walks forward*

Tell me, what difference is there between that thing and Morgoth's legions of orcs, Balrogs, trolls, and the like?

*Seizes her wrist*

There is no difference! Such a thing could wreak havoc over all of Arda if not careful!


*Another tall figure clad in black suddenly appears, and drags me away suddenly to a distant corner of the room, thus freeing Aredhel from my grasp*

That is quite enough, Amaniel.

*Glances up at him*

N-Námo....? But she-

*He raises his hand and glares at me sternly*

Enough. You will not harm another Elda; that is also against the nature of the Valar and the Maiar.

*Blinks for a few moments before nodding*

I-I'm sorry....forgive me...

*He smiles, and holds me close*

Fear not. I forgive you.
 
*Aredhel snatches her wrist back and glares at Amaniel*
He was made of my cousins DNA, would you have killed them just like you did with the clone?!
 
*Winces and turns away*

Have mercy on me, Aredhel! I only thought of it unfitting to remain! If you so much desire it to return, I may restore it for you!

*Hides under Námo's long robes, trembling; Námo looks between myself and Aredhel with a slightly intrigued expression*
 
*her expression softens*
You did the right thing...it was not a sentinent being and it was not fair of me to accuse you of such crimes
I was only mad at myself for letting him out of my sight and creating him in the first place but I put out my frustrations on you... Can you forgive me,my friend?
 
*Sighs and nods, walking over to Aredhel and embracing her*

I forgive you, meldo. Ever have, ever will.

*Smiles softly*
 
Yikes, so much drama!! I mean I'm glad the clone is gone, but can you guys really blame me for being a little disturbed at seeing such gore?
 
Really was. I wonder how this will impact Finclone if he ever gets reactivated? Like were they friends?
 
Oh okay, good! I guess it just goes to show how different he really was from me because how could anyone who is even a tiny little bit like me NOT want to be friends with Fingon?!
 
*Pulls away from the embrace, standing up*

Indeed, and therein lies the problem. Under my Vala's command-

*Gives a brief glance to Mandos, who nods*

-I would never be making one of these clones, as you call them. It sounds far too unnatural. It didn't even have a body; it just crumbled into dust - let alone...

*Glances once more at Mandos, who shakes his head this time*

Indeed, such clones have no fëar, or else Mandos himself would have seen them. But he has not, which clearly emphasizes how unnatural such a clone-making process is...​
 
I guess that makes sense, since they were unnaturally grown in a lab. Makes me feel less bad about the clone getting blown to bits?
 
Alright! No more clones for me! I'll mutate plants from now on!
Mutate?

*Turns swiftly round to face Aredhel, glaring at her in a mixture of wrath and surprise*

That still sounds like something Morgoth would do! Unable to create, and thus he mars and corrupts!

*Mandos raises his hand as a wave of energy hits me, and I gasp before falling in his arms, unmoving*

Enough, Amaniel....how much further must you go in your words....?

*He holds me close, shaking his head sorrowfully; a few moments later he glances up at Aredhel and speaks to her*

Forgive me for her words....she had simply seen too much of the darkness that Morgoth hath inflicted upon Arda. I do not blame her for it either.
 
How about nobody mutates anything anymore? 🙂

Also, Mandos, while you're here, have you thought any more about how I could loophole my way out of the Oath?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top