• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
I mean, fair. I'm a Nolofinwian-er myself. I liked them so much I gave the kingship to them and I don't regret it!
*Curufin facepalms, mostly offended and slightly saddened, for some reason* (he is really quite poor at introspection)
*he is then distracted by a 'prrt' noise and looks up in alarm*

*under breath*
Yaulë, get...! Go away! Shoo!

A grey cat trots up. Hearing his words, it does not go all the way up to him, but sits down neatly out of arm's reach, wrapping its tail around its feet.
 
(Yaulë is just Quenya for 'Cat'. Yes, Curufin is the sort of person who would call his cat 'Cat'! And it does not escape him that the name sounds similar to 'Aulë', Vala of craft. He does like puns after all...)

...This is the uh... forge cat. It came in through the window one winter day, appreciative of the heat. It also seemed to enjoy watching the flames as I worked.

I thought it was simply looking for a warm place to stay. But sometimes, when I leave the forge, it follows me. So I think I have... been adopted by this creature.

*Snatches Yaulë away*
Hey babyyyy!!!
*Curufin is alarmed*
Don't do that Tyelko! He has his dignity, you know!

(The cat is just an ordinary one. As ordinary as you can get among elvish animals anyway.)
 
(You know, at first I did think it might be an actual word, but then I saw Y and Aulë, instantly making a connection haha!)

I thought it was simply looking for a warm place to stay. But sometimes, when I leave the forge, it follows me. So I think I have... been adopted by this creature.
Ah yes, cats own their people, not the other way around. My lady Yavanna doesn't own me *Yavanna sends her a look, to which Laurinalótë quickly adds* ...but I don't own her either.
 
*Snatches Yaulë away*
Hey babyyyy!!!
Yaulë: *puts his ears back, not used to elves being such sudden and loud creatures, but he does not struggle*

Noppie nope! He is mine now! My babyyyyy!!! Hello little kitty! What news from the land of Meows?
Yaulë (only Tyelko understands, obviously): I walk alone, and cannot tell you of the cat brethren. I belong to the Warm Fireplace and the twoleg Metal Hand.
 
Last edited:
*Kisses his head*
You are the cutest kitty kitty out there!!!
(Talks in cat language so he is basically meowing back)
*Nods seriously*
Of course I understand mister kitty. Do you prefer somewhere with cushions though like ... Huan's room? I have a fireplace there.
 
*Laurinalótë, who has no such language restrictions as the other Elves do, snickers.* Why do you sound like a child when we can all understand you, but when it's the animal's language, you act so sophisticated and mature?
 
Yaulë: *pushing back on Celegorm's chest with his front paws, as this is all very sudden*
That fireplace is not the Fireplace. It is not Metal Hand's territory, and so it is not Yaulë's territory.

Curufin: *looking at Tyelko suspiciously* What's going on? Is he telling you things about me?
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…