• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*digs around and pulls out a small harp* Ah, here it is! It has been some time since I’ve played it, being so preoccupied with everything of late. *gives it a small strum* How I love the sound it makes… many memories with this harp.
 
*digs around and pulls out a small harp* Ah, here it is! It has been some time since I’ve played it, being so preoccupied with everything of late. *gives it a small strum* How I love the sound it makes… many memories with this harp.
It is lovely, cousin. Indeed, music can kindle a lonely heart or inspire a great host to action!! In it's raw form it can be the soulful expression of the artist's heart.
*nods* As am I, brother. And to think, I nearly opted to leave it behind when I left to hunt for you, thinking it would be unnecessary. Glad I chose otherwise!

I remember sitting by your bed and playing it often as well. I may be no Maglor, but it was still a comfort during those times.
You might not be Maglor, but you are Fingon the Valiant, most beloved of the Noldor! Their eternal champion, and a fine harpist at that!
 
*watches in fascination as the pale glitter falls everywhere, and lightly strums harp to make the glitter feel magical*
So you like it? Yay!

A good and memorable party often comes down to the company you keep, who enrich the experience. Although... saying that, it sure does leave us with an awfully narrow list of guests... we're not exactly the most popular bunch in Aman.
True. Many of our own relatives don't even like us. I could invite my army! The ones who didn't betray me, at least!
 
So you like it? Yay!
I do! *shakes off the pile of glitter that landed on his head, covering him all over and making him shimmery* Maybe practice some of your aim, though.😂

True. Many of our own relatives don't even like us. I could invite my army! The ones who didn't betray me, at least!
I’m sure they would enjoy it. What do you think of your brothers, besides Celegorm here? Would they come?

Aredhel has Lómion, so perhaps I could bring Ereinion along as well.
 
I do! *shakes off the pile of glitter that landed on his head, covering him all over and making him shimmery* Maybe practice some of your aim, though.😂
Oh, my aim was correct. The glitter went where I wanted which was everywhere. Maybe I need a glitter gun, though, so that it is disbursed more evenly and doesn't fall in such clumps.

I’m sure they would enjoy it. What do you think of your brothers, besides Celegorm here? Would they come?

Aredhel has Lómion, so perhaps I could bring Ereinion along as well.
Sure, I'll send word out to the rest of our brothers. Ereinion is welcome too! Alright, I'll send out those invites, then!
 
Hey, ow, what was that for, Tyelko?! You guys know how the cold aggravates my old wounds!

*takes the shield from Findekano* Thanks, brother-- uh, this isn't one of those balloon weapons, is it?

*lowering voice to a whisper* We need to find some pink sparkly paint and load up a gun with it and take revenge on Tyelko. He'll hate that!
 
Celegorm: we didn't do this on pur- hey!
*he whipes away the snow and glares at Fingon*
I didn't do that one on purpose but this
*Shoots at Fingon with the gun again and smirks as the ice cubes hit him*
Was totally my own doing.
Aredhel: so you have chosen death! This is officially a battle between the first siblings and the third ones! Choose your side wisely cousin Maglor!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top