• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Aredhel: you may be though. Shall we run the test?
Do you have magic hair?
Celegorm: I've always thought my hair to be too pretty but magical? I'm not sure.
Irissë, don't confuse this poor lad more than he all ready is. The only one who has hair that could have been considered "magical" is Artanis. And perhaps Glorfindel.

Maitimo: I had no idea flowers knew so much! You're sounding like some sort of ancient primordial being. No offense, but I always thought if flowers could talk, they'd be kind of dumb because they don't have a lot of room for a brain, unlike trees. I can see I was wrong, though.
I am ancient yet young. I grow every year. Tis the way of life. However, the patch I was in shall now outlast all the others for generations to come. And as for sounding "dumb", I think most of you all ready have that table cornered.

Fëanor: *glances around warily* Who's that voice? Where is that coming from?
Yes, Fëanáro, you heard correctly. Thankfully, your ears are working. Seems Námo had some mercy on you after all.

Maitimo: That's reassuring. 😑 As if we don't all have enough stress in our lives.
I am not meant to be a coddler. I only speak the truth. As a matter of fact, I was not even meant to be awakened. Yet, here I am. And yet, here you are. Each of you has choices to make in your lives; what you decide to do with the time that is given to you is something only you can answer. Surely you have heard of Olórin.

Maitimo: Well I've certainly been kidnapped/enslaved. Atar has the magic hands, if you consider the ability to craft a Silmaril magical.
Magic hands? Hah! It was the light of my Yavanna's trees he took.
What do you have to say for yourself, Fëanáro?

(OOC: That was creepy, I just received the "Silmarils" award 😅 )
 
Oh... that's okay, I can handle life without antidepressants... *chokes back tears*
It must be nice to have a friend you can lean on, Maitimo... the singers of Alqualondë will never again want anything to do with me. I had more friends in Endor than I do now in Aman. There was a squirrel I named Chubs. And this terribly rude seagull named Moira, but her company was most welcome. Occasionally... a leatherback turtle named Hammond would check on me. His descendants did much the same. I do miss those turtles... lovely creatures. The porpoises led by Bureaugard however were another story, they were too easily offended by my singing... I just think they were bored... and if they didn't like my music why did they always pay me a visit?

The point is... it's a good thing Elrond found me when he did. And you know what... after my wife takes me back, I will never again take another Prozac! How to get back into her good graces... *contemplatively strums his harp* I'm going to sing her a love song! If it worked once... it'll work again!
Mischievous, say you? I am merely who I am. And no, spies are not in Yavanna's keeping... The other Ainur are not even aware of Yavanna's mistake; she and Aulë are keeping it quiet. I am here because someone brought me.
What a relief... we've spent enough time already under the scrutiny of the Ainur to last many a lifetime. Perhaps you are not so bad after all, little flower... er, Laurinalótë.
 
*gasp* Úi!! You used to love my lullabies!!
Amrod: Yes, and I like the melodies, but your lyrics need work. They’re so confusing with all of your so-called metaphors for things. Why not just say what something is instead of getting all mysterious about it?!

*Celegorm holding the wriggling flowers*
*Huan comes over and lays down beside Celegorm* *sniffs the wriggling flowers with interest, then sneezes on them*

Thank you, Findekáno, the "somehow" is unimportant. You are always the voice of reason and sense to your uncle and cousins. Although in this household, there is no telling if that will hold up. *coughs as flowers do*
Umm… Thank you? Glad to know flowers appreciate that. *thinks for a second* Wait- are you suggesting I might lose my mind being around these people?

Lómion ignores all the drama and pulls on Fingon's sleeve*
Uncle you said Ereinion will come here soon and we can go playing! Where is he??
*Fingon kneels down to address Lómion* He should be with his mother right now, if I’m not mistaken. I can go and pick him up soon, though, so you two can play.

Yet, here I am. And yet, here you are. Each of you has choices to make in your lives; what you decide to do with the time that is given to you is something only you can answer.
*Fingon stands beside Maedhros* These flowers are surprisingly deep and insightful!

*addresses the flowers* And how would you say we have spent our time? Have we used it well so far? (You know, aside from the glaringly obvious mistakes we’ve made?)

There was a squirrel I named Chubs. And this terribly rude seagull named Moira, but her company was most welcome. Occasionally... a leatherback turtle named Hammond would check on me. His descendants did much the same. I do miss those turtles... lovely creatures. The porpoises led by Bureaugard however were another story, they were too easily offended by my singing... I just think they were bored... and if they didn't like my music why did they always pay me a visit?
*Amrod whispers to Celegorm* I think Káno’s finally lost it…
 
What a relief... we've spent enough time already under the scrutiny of the Ainur to last many a lifetime. Perhaps you are not so bad after all, little flower... er, Laurinalótë.
I am glad to hear you say so, little Elf... er, Makalaurë.

Aredhel: But animals talk to him!
This got to count for sth..
*raises a petal imperiously like an eyebrow* Would you consider Oromë a Disney princess?

*Huan comes over and lays down beside Celegorm* *sniffs the wriggling flowers with interest, then sneezes on them*
Hey! That tickles. As much as I love you Huan, sneeze on your owner not on me to show your affection.

Umm… Thank you? Glad to know flowers appreciate that. *thinks for a second* Wait- are you suggesting I might lose my mind being around these people?
You're welcome. And, well, you can't rule that possibility entirely out....

*Fingon stands beside Maedhros* These flowers are surprisingly deep and insightful!

*addresses the flowers* And how would you say we have spent our time? Have we used it well so far? (You know, aside from the glaringly obvious mistakes we’ve made?)
Hmmm, what say you?
 
And as for sounding "dumb", I think most of you all ready have that table cornered.
I realize some people here have said/thought some dumb things *cough cough rumors of Fëanor eating Miriel* but I do hope you're not referring to all of us? I'm traumatized and depressed, but I'm not dumb. Though I realize the two can be confused. Finno and Kano aren't dumb either. And then Atar may be lacking in common sense, but he is a creative genius.

I am not meant to be a coddler. I only speak the truth. As a matter of fact, I was not even meant to be awakened. Yet, here I am. And yet, here you are. Each of you has choices to make in your lives; what you decide to do with the time that is given to you is something only you can answer. Surely you have heard of Olórin.
Alright, well, I just want some peace and quiet in my life, and I'm finally free of the Oath, but now my own brothers and father won't stop with the harassment and insults, and now you're giving me ominous warnings...

It must be nice to have a friend you can lean on, Maitimo... the singers of Alqualondë will never again want anything to do with me. I had more friends in Endor than I do now in Aman. There was a squirrel I named Chubs. And this terribly rude seagull named Moira, but her company was most welcome. Occasionally... a leatherback turtle named Hammond would check on me. His descendants did much the same. I do miss those turtles... lovely creatures. The porpoises led by Bureaugard however were another story, they were too easily offended by my singing... I just think they were bored... and if they didn't like my music why did they always pay me a visit?

The point is... it's a good thing Elrond found me when he did. And you know what... after my wife takes me back, I will never again take another Prozac! How to get back into her good graces... *contemplatively strums his harp* I'm going to sing her a love song! If it worked once... it'll work again!
I am blessed to have Findekano, and all the Nolofinwians, but they can be your friends too, brother, if you let them!

Magic hands? Hah! It was the light of my Yavanna's trees he took.
What do you have to say for yourself, Fëanáro?
Fëanor: What I have to say is that if the light I managed to forever capture in these holy gems was so precious to the Valar, why did they let Moringrotto steal it and then gaslight me for wanting to reclaim them?!

*feels gaze of Mandos boring into him from afar*

Quit riling me up about things of the past. I am not allowed to right this wrong anymore. Leave me in peace!
 
I realize some people here have said/thought some dumb things *cough cough rumors of Fëanor eating Miriel* but I do hope you're not referring to all of us? I'm traumatized and depressed, but I'm not dumb. Though I realize the two can be confused. Finno and Kano aren't dumb either. And then Atar may be lacking in common sense, but he is a creative genius.
Oh, it doesn't refer to all of you. :)

Alright, well, I just want some peace and quiet in my life, and I'm finally free of the Oath, but now my own brothers and father won't stop with the harassment and insults, and now you're giving me ominous warnings...
Ominous? They are only ominous if you deem it so.

Fëanor: What I have to say is that if the light I managed to forever capture in these holy gems was so precious to the Valar, why did they let Moringrotto steal it and then gaslight me for wanting to reclaim them?!

*feels gaze of Mandos boring into him from afar*

Quit riling me up about things of the past. I am not allowed to right this wrong anymore. Leave me in peace!
They did not let it happen, surely. And the only gaslight I see is in the oven.

To right a wrong is a tall task indeed. But there is always an opportunity to do so even if it feels lost.

Celegorm: I mean he does remind me of Merida a bit.
And you remind me of Pongo.
 
And you remind me of Pongo.
Awww thanks!
Amrod: Yes, and I like the melodies, but your lyrics need work. They’re so confusing with all of your so-called metaphors for things. Why not just say what something is instead of getting all mysterious about it?!


*Huan comes over and lays down beside Celegorm* *sniffs the wriggling flowers with interest, then sneezes on them*




*Amrod whispers to Celegorm* I think Káno’s finally lost it…
*Patts Huan's head*
*To Amrod*
He didn't have anything to begin with if you're asking me.
 
Hey! That tickles. As much as I love you Huan, sneeze on your owner not on me to show your affection.
*Patts Huan's head*
*Huan’s ears perk up at hearing the flowers talk, and sniffs them again* *leans his head into Celegorm’s hand in affection, then starts to pant, his hot breath blowing on the flowers*

Hmmm, what say you?
Fingon: I… don’t know. I suppose I would say some of us have used our time well, working to protect Beleriand and our people. We try to enjoy what little moments of peace we can afford, yet we are ready to give it up if necessary in order to fight for and preserve what is good.

Of course, then there are moments like this *looks around at everyone in the room* where we all let loose and become a chaotic mess of Noldos as a way to have fun and go crazy.😅

But what of you? You seem wise, having heard and experienced much. Would you say we have spent out time well? (Why am I asking this of a flower??)

I am blessed to have Findekano, and all the Nolofinwians, but they can be your friends too, brother, if you let them!
Indeed! Maitimo and I may be the best of friends, but you have also earned your place among our family, Káno. You have ever stood by your brother, and it was always the two of you who joined us often. Not to mention, you’re the one who sent the letter to me all those centuries ago that told of what had befallen Maitimo, and for that I will always be grateful. You will ever have friends and family among the Nolofinwians, cousin.
 
And you remind me of Pongo.
Tyelko reminds you of a dalmatian?! I don't see it, but okay...

But what of you? You seem wise, having heard and experienced much. Would you say we have spent out time well? (Why am I asking this of a flower??)
I'm not so sure I want to hear the answer to that...

They did not let it happen, surely. And the only gaslight I see is in the oven.

To right a wrong is a tall task indeed. But there is always an opportunity to do so even if it feels lost.
Fëanor: It happened, which means they LET it happen. And then if I were to break my Silmarils and restore the trees I would have had to die, and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy for not wanting to do it?!

And by the wrong, I'm talking about the wrong of Moringrotto stealing the Silmarils and destroying the Trees. My aim was to right that wrong and now I am forbidden from seeking out that justice.
 
Celegorm: I CAN be. You just don't deserve to see that side of mine. Few people are.
That's not what a golden retriever would say. A golden retriever loves everyone unconditionally.

Nah, you're more like a Griffon Wire-Haired Pointer in personality.

(OOC: My neighbors have one and it's such a mean dog.)
 
That's not what a golden retriever would say. A golden retriever loves everyone unconditionally.

Nah, you're more like a Griffon Wire-Haired Pointer in personality.

(OOC: My neighbors have one and it's such a mean dog.)
Who is the dog expert here?! And didn't I just prepared a speech for your funeral? How can you call me mean? No one cared as much as I did!
*Huan barks, basically saying, “I’m one of the few who sees his good boy side, but you have no idea how hard I work to try and keep him in check.”* *licks Celegorm’s face*
Hey! I'm not the dog here Huan! This is all metaphoric!
*Bites his paw*
 
Who is the dog expert here?! And didn't I just prepared a speech for your funeral? How can you call me mean? No one cared as much as I did!
Okay okay, I suppose you did make a decent enough speech. But still, I'm pretty sure mourning for your beloved eldest brother is like, the bare minimum of being a decent person.


Hey! I'm not the dog here Huan! This is all metaphoric!
*Bites his paw*
(OOC but this made me laugh out loud, and I'm trying out a Korean face mask and trying not to move my face while it's drying, so thanks a lot!! 😂)

(Also I feel this is an appropriate time to share a meme which amused me recently)

1000005403.jpg
 
*Huan growls- “Hey! No bite!”*

*nips at Celegorm’s hair, then gets up to turn around, so his back is turned to him* *hits him in the face with his tail on purpose while moving*


(Ahahaha, that meme is too funny!!!🤣🤣)
Like you don't bi-
*Gets a face full of smelly tail fur*
Hey!
*Sniffs and grimaces*
you are in a dire need of a bath btw.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top