• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*Amras goes over to another balloon clown and stands watching him for a few minutes, enthralled by his antics. The clown rapidly produces a balloon dessert buffet, a balloon racecar, complete with driver, and a hot-air balloon made out of other balloons. Suddenly, the clown spins around and begins to dance*

Clown: Twisty the Balloonist, that's me! Anything of balloons can be! My trade you like to see! Instead of two, you shall be three!

*With a wink at Amras, Twisty turned away, giggling to himself. Amras tries to peek at what he's making, but the clown prevents him. At last, the clown turns around and reveals his creation. It is a balloon duplicate of Amras.*

Amras: Wow. Hey, Amrod, come check this out! Look's like we're triplets now.
*Amrod looks over in Amras’ direction, wearing a comically large pair of balloon glasses. He blinks in shock at seeing double.* WHOA!! It’s so lifelike!

*he runs over to examine it closer* It even has all your freckles, Telvo! You think we could get a discount at the ice cream shop for three scoops instead of two now?

*Ereinion crows in laughter watching his Atar become splattered in pie and be played with by the clowns. As he’s standing there, a clown on stilts picks him up from behind and places him on the back of a baby oliphant, to which he squeals in delight.* Atar, look! I’m flying on an oliphant!

Fingon: *his voice muffled behind the clown’s cloth and unable to actually see his son because there’s still pie cream in his eyes* Very cool!
*The baby oliphant trots over to Fingon and the clown and sprays them both with water from its trunk. Fingon, now clean of all pie cream, stands there soaking wet, his clothes dripping, while the clown is miraculously dry.*

Fingon: *sputters and blinks* …Thank you? 🫠

Ereinion: Sorry, Atar! Annabon wanted to help! 😅
 
Would our two lovebird highnesses be gracious enough to take their seats upon the throne we have set up for them?
Aranya: *looks at Maitimo* Well, maybe this could be kind of fun and nice, and get us away from all the noise and chaos?

Maitimo: Nope. We will not, under any circumstance, sit on a "throne" of their making.

Aranya: Why? What could be so bad about it?

Maitimo: *has a traumatic flashback to when the twins were in their phase where they were obsessed with whoopee cushions* You innocent only child, who has never been pranked by a little brother. I won't taint your imagination.

*Interrupting them, a parade of clowns tumble out of an additional car.* Who's ready for DINNER??? *they all honk their nose horns in excitement*

*They are all bearing silver platters with lids. They present the dishes at a large table, and take off the lids to reveal... Denny's Grand Slam meal combos.*
 
Aranya: *looks at Maitimo* Well, maybe this could be kind of fun and nice, and get us away from all the noise and chaos?

Maitimo: Nope. We will not, under any circumstance, sit on a "throne" of their making.

Aranya: Why? What could be so bad about it?

Maitimo: *has a traumatic flashback to when the twins were in their phase where they were obsessed with whoopee cushions* You innocent only child, who has never been pranked by a little brother. I won't taint your imagination.

*Interrupting them, a parade of clowns tumble out of an additional car.* Who's ready for DINNER??? *they all honk their nose horns in excitement*

*They are all bearing silver platters with lids. They present the dishes at a large table, and take off the lids to reveal... Denny's Grand Slam meal combos.*
*Maglor winces at the sound of the horns, they were all terribly off-key.*

Perhaps food un-tainted by Morgoth won't be too bad, even if it's from the same company . . . Unless . . . *He squints at the clowns, though he sees no sign of evil, he remains uncertain.*

*He picks up a fork and pokes at one of the burgers curiously.*


'Timo, perhaps you ought to refrain from eating, it might bring up bad memories.
 
*Tyelkoraccoon scrambles away from all the clowns in fear and climbs up Fëanor*
PROTECT ME, FATHER! I DON'T WANT TO BECOME A CIRCUS ANIMAL!


*Rani sets down a retractable chair and after having changed out of her superhero outfit, lounges on it in a summer dress trying to sunbathe until the balloons come her away and start blocking the sun. She picks up an slingshot and bursts them with Tyelko's sharpened crystal candies*
 
*Tyelkoraccoon scrambles away from all the clowns in fear and climbs up Fëanor*
PROTECT ME, FATHER! I DON'T WANT TO BECOME A CIRCUS ANIMAL!
Amras: Since you're part of this family, I think you already qualify, Tyelko.
Maitimo: *has a traumatic flashback to when the twins were in their phase where they were obsessed with whoopee cushions* You innocent only child, who has never been pranked by a little brother. I won't taint your imagination.
Amras: No, no, no, the whoopee cushions don't count as pranks, just jokes. A prank has to be at least as big as filling your room with pudding or pretending to run away from home.
 
'Timo, perhaps you ought to refrain from eating, it might bring up bad memories.
Maitimo: Trust me, we thoroughly lost our appetites at Angband Denny's, and we don't even feel like eating any good food, let alone whatever... this is. I'm not sure those eggs actually came from real chickens. *makes a face and pushes his plate away, and Aranya does the same.*

*Tyelkoraccoon scrambles away from all the clowns in fear and climbs up Fëanor*
PROTECT ME, FATHER! I DON'T WANT TO BECOME A CIRCUS ANIMAL!
Fëanor: What the-- COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS BEAST IS SPEAKING IN MY SON'S VOICE?

A prank has to be at least as big as filling your room with pudding or pretending to run away from home.
Maitimo: Thanks for reminding me of the time when you did, in fact, fill up my room with pudding and destroy much of my book collection. 😑
 
Maitimo: Trust me, we thoroughly lost our appetites at Angband Denny's, and we don't even feel like eating any good food, let alone whatever... this is. I'm not sure those eggs actually came from real chickens. *makes a face and pushes his plate away, and Aranya does the same.*
Maglor: Ah, I suppose that's right! Maybe I ought to try it and make sure there's nothing bad in it . . . I wouldn't want anyone else getting sick or poisoned. I've eaten enough of my own cooking that it probably won't bother me too much.
Fëanor: What the-- COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS BEAST IS SPEAKING IN MY SON'S VOICE?
Maglor: Oh yes, Atar, Tyelko has somehow managed to turn himself into a raccoon. I suppose we ought to have told you that when we all met back up. 😅
 
Fëanor: What the-- COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS BEAST IS SPEAKING IN MY SON'S VOICE?
*Curufin goes over to them, picks Tyelkoraccoon off Fëanor and snuggles him like a plushie*

I'll protect you from the chaos, bro. *he winces at the loud sounds of popping balloons and horns honking* As much as I can, anyway.

Maglor: Ah, I suppose that's right! Maybe I ought to try it and make sure there's nothing bad in it . . . I wouldn't want anyone else getting sick or poisoned. I've eaten enough of my own cooking that it probably won't bother me too much.
*snort of hilarity*
 
M: You could always help me out Curvo!!

*he cut out a slice of somewhat soggy looking burger*

Come on, with both of us, we can make quick work of testing everything.
...no thanks. Even in raccoon form, Tyelko makes better food than that.

*raises an eyebrow*

Besides, if something were poisoned, I don't think I'd be able to detect it. I've tested poisons on myself so often in the past—since asking for willing test subjects would be... problematic—that I'm afraid I have rendered myself practically immune to an extensive range of them. >_>
 
...no thanks. Even in raccoon form, Tyelko makes better food than that.

*raises an eyebrow*

Besides, if something were poisoned, I don't think I'd be able to detect it. I've tested poisons on myself so often in the past—since asking for willing test subjects would be... problematic—that I'm afraid I have rendered myself practically immune to an extensive range of them. >_>
Ah, I see! So having you try it would be counter-intuitive since we'd still have no idea if it's actually bad or not. Whereas I'll turn green and probably faint if there's poison. A fantastic plan!

*He took the slice of burger and stuck it in his mouth, chewing experimentally.*
 

Similar threads

Back
Top