• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Ah, I see! So having you try it would be counter-intuitive since we'd still have no idea if it's actually bad or not. Whereas I'll turn green and probably faint if there's poison. A fantastic plan!

*He took the slice of burger and stuck it in his mouth, chewing experimentally.*
KANO, NO, I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH!! 🥺
 
KANO, NO, I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH!! 🥺
Aw, Nelyo you're so sweet! 🥰Don't worry though, I'm not going to die, just turn green and maybe faint!

*He put the fork down after finishing chewing.* Well, that one wasn't too bad, I've made worse certainly. Now we wait to see if I have a reaction 😁.
 
Aw, Nelyo you're so sweet! 🥰Don't worry though, I'm not going to die, just turn green and maybe faint!
But as someone who has actually been through that multiple times in Angband, I don't want you to go through with it--


*He put the fork down after finishing chewing.* Well, that one wasn't too bad, I've made worse certainly. Now we wait to see if I have a reaction 😁.
Kano STOP! Aranya and I aren't interested in trying this stuff, so you're not doing us a favor! Maybe you are for anyone else who's interested, but still!
 
But as someone who has actually been through that multiple times in Angband, I don't want you to go through with it--



Kano STOP! Aranya and I aren't interested in trying this stuff, so you're not doing us a favor! Maybe you are for anyone else who's interested, but still!
Tyelko might eat some, you know how he is, it's for the best!

*He was looking a little pale, but otherwise fine.*

Relax, I won't try anything else until we're certain of the effect of the burger--we don't want to overlap things or else we won't know what caused what.
 
Tyelko might eat some, you know how he is, it's for the best!

*He was looking a little pale, but otherwise fine.*
He's a raccoon right now. They eat literal garbage. I'm pretty sure his new raccoon digestive system can handle it. Your sensitive artist digestive system on the other hand, though--


Relax, I won't try anything else until we're certain of the effect of the burger--we don't want to overlap things or else we won't know what caused what.
Good. I'd extend that to say don't try any of the rest of it. Not worth it, bro.
 
He's a raccoon right now. They eat literal garbage. I'm pretty sure his new raccoon digestive system can handle it. Your sensitive artist digestive system on the other hand, though--
You underestimate me, Nelyo! Like I said, I've cooked and eaten enough monstrosities myself that I think it should be fine. You can only give yourself food poisoning so many times before it gets old.
Good. I'd extend that to say don't try any of the rest of it. Not worth it, bro.
Definitely worth it, we need to find out the truth! If I don't end being poisoned but instead . . . cursed . . . *He leaned forward, only a little unsteady,* Then we'll know if these clowns are really servants of a certain someone, if you catch my meaning.
 
*Maitimo is starting to get worried* Kano, are you okay?

Aranya: *digging around in the bag she always keeps with her* Want some Pepto-Bismol?
Naaaah, I feel fine.

*He was not so subtly leaning against the table, and his complexation had only gotten worse.*

Just annoyed at these clowns, do they have to be so loud? They're giving me a bit of a headache.
 
Maitimo: *nods in agreement* Yeah, I feel that.

Aranya: Because you're concussed!!!

*She doesn't trust Maglor's insistence that he's fine. It's a common false assertion amongst Fëanorians.*

Aranya: I think you, the sensitive artist, and you *looks at Maitimo* the sensitive non-artist should leave quietly while everyone else is distracted.
 
Maitimo: *nods in agreement* Yeah, I feel that.

Aranya: Because you're concussed!!!

*She doesn't trust Maglor's insistence that he's fine. It's a common false assertion amongst Fëanorians.*

Aranya: I think you, the sensitive artist, and you *looks at Maitimo* the sensitive non-artist should leave quietly while everyone else is distracted.
Leave? *Kano's hand slips on the table and he stumbles, nearly falling, manages to catch himself with a little grace.* Why on earth would we leave? We still have to figure out where all the clowns came from . . . and the flying fish . . .
 
*Tyelkoraccoon nuzzles against Curvo's shoulder and hugs him back*
*Curufin finds he appreciates the fluffiness of his brother... weird as it sounds in his mind*
*he makes the slightest 🥺 face*

Just so you know, I don't really appreciate being used as a scale for the garbage food Kano killed himself over.
Oh, I know you still make good food, despite the difficulties presented by an animal form. I was merely pointing out that despite these limitations, you do a better job by far than whoever made... that stuff.
 
Leave? *Kano's hand slips on the table and he stumbles, nearly falling, manages to catch himself with a little grace.* Why on earth would we leave? We still have to figure out where all the clowns came from . . . and the flying fish . . .
Aranya: So for Maitimo, he tends to see kitties in this situation, and now Laurë is seeing fish. Interesting. 🤨 *she sighs heavily* Is it not enough that Maitimo is always getting himself hurt and poisoned?? Must I now deal with you too, when all this could have been avoided by you SIMPLY NOT EATING THE EVIL DENNY'S BURGER? You dramatic, depressed Fëanorians. I do not get paid enough for this. I need a raise.

*she continues grumbling to herself as she pulls out a blood test kit*

(Yes, Aranya has a Mary Poppins bag full of fun healer gadgets and drugs.)
 
Aranya: So for Maitimo, he tends to see kitties in this situation, and now Laurë is seeing fish. Interesting. 🤨 *she sighs heavily* Is it not enough that Maitimo is always getting himself hurt and poisoned?? Must I now deal with you too, when all this could have been avoided by you SIMPLY NOT EATING THE EVIL DENNY'S BURGER? You dramatic, depressed Fëanorians. I do not get paid enough for this. I need a raise.

*she continues grumbling to herself as she pulls out a blood test kit*

(Yes, Aranya has a Mary Poppins bag full of fun healer gadgets and drugs.)
*Maglor sits easily in the grass, staring up at the sky dreamily.*
We didn't know it was evil Aranya . . . that's why I had to test it out😌. The nature of the burger will reveal the nature of the clowns! We still don't know who sent them . . . My, that is a really big goldfish . . .
 
*Maglor sits easily in the grass, staring up at the sky dreamily.*
We didn't know it was evil Aranya . . . that's why I had to test it out😌. The nature of the burger will reveal the nature of the clowns! We still don't know who sent them . . . My, that is a really big goldfish . . .
This looks suspiciously like the effects of those...herbs I had a few days ago. What did you season that meat with?
 
This looks suspiciously like the effects of those...herbs I had a few days ago. What did you season that meat with?
I didn't make it, silly, we don't have a grill out here! *Maglor misses the fact that Tyelko likely wasn't speaking to him.* Goodness, it tasted lovely though, perhaps I ought to have another bite . . .

*One of the nearby clowns, in the process of making a dog out of balloons, looked up and shrugged.*
Ballon Clown: I don't remember! Haha, we just but a bunch of stuff in a pot and--Poof! It magically became a burger!
*He laughed loudly and it was unclear if that was the truth, or meant as a joke.*
 
Ranissë: that's unprofessional and unethical.
*The clown grinned, and leaned forward to pat her on the head.*
Ballon Clown: An apt observation! Don't worry however, the magic spell made it all good and better! Indeed, you've nothing to worry about--
Ranissë, to the clowns: also, keep making more balloons and the next thing I'm going to burst is your future hopes and dreams.
*his smile dropped*
Balloon Clown: Look lady, it's just a paycheck.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top