• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Halloween Movies 🎃

If you haven't watched this, it has Dafoe as Max Scheck, plus John Malkovich as F. W. Murnau:
Better watch before it gets taken down.
Really good movie, with a cracking little premise of the real vampire playing a vampire. Not a huge fan of Malkovich usually (I think he can be quite 'mannered' and fussy) but he's very good in this.
 
Really good movie, with a cracking little premise of the real vampire playing a vampire. Not a huge fan of Malkovich usually (I think he can be quite 'mannered' and fussy) but he's very good in this.
He wasn't very "mannered and fussy" in R.E.D. 😉
 
Lightweight; story has more holes than swiss cheese (as they say). But, still, a lot of fun.
Sometimes you just need a bit of bubblegum don't you. I think Bruce Willis is actually quite good with stuff like this.
 
Sometimes you just need a bit of bubblegum don't you. I think Bruce Willis is actually quite good with stuff like this.
Yep ....Bruce Willis, like most (or all?) of his other movies, is good in this. ...and gooey at times.
(You have to watch the movie to understand the "gooey" part. 😄)
 
The Halloween Songs thread sent me down a rabbit hole, where I discovered this episode of the Boris Karloff-hosted Thriller TV series from the early 60s, written by Robert Bloch, and featuring Natalie Shafer (later Mrs. Howell on Gilligan's Island) and a 29 year-old William Shatner:
This was one of the TV shows that had me sneaking down to the living room to watch, keeping the sound as low as possible, so as not to wake up my parents. 😄

Many episodes are on YouTube, several of which no doubt led to boyhood nightmares on my part! 😅
 
Apologies for the double post, but time is short, so here's a scene from Hotel del Luna (there's even a little something for @Ent in the middle 😉):
English captions available.

Oh, and if anyone's curious about the tiger reference at the beginning, here's that part of the story, though it's more touching than "scary":
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the triple post! But time has run out, so I'm squeezing in a fascinating and creepy -- and ultimately touching -- documentary I saw on PBS last night, and fortunately went up on YouTube today:
Something to watch after the kiddies go home.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…