• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Halloween Movies 🎃

Trying to decide what to watch tonight. I’m either going to watch The Shining, one of my favorites, or maybe something Vincent Price
 
The Tomb of Ligeia, if you haven't seen it. One of my top 5 favorite films.

And Price plays it straight.
 
Last edited:
Not sure if it's an actual Halloween movie, but 'Bone Tomahawk' is a truly nightmarish watch. The description of 'Horror Western' doesn't do it justice by any means.
Nerves of steel and a very strong stomach required for this one.
 
I still think Night of the Demon ** (1957, a UK release of Sabre Film Co) is one of the best-est ,scari-est [mood] movies ever made.
It is a pretty well done dramatization of the short story The Casting of the Runes by M.R. James.
Because the original tale was a short story, the movie has been "padded".
But I saw the movie before I read the story (not knowing it was based on a story).
When I finally read the story I was impressed with how faithful the movie screenplay was to it.

** released in the US as Curse of the Demon.
The US release was cut. I bought the DVD which came as a set with both versions.
Never have watched the cut version... no reason to do so.
 
Last edited:
Tonight’s, another Hammer film I’ve never seen!
6.7 on IMDB ... not bad.
And a young Oliver Reed. Every movie that has Oliver Reed in it that I've seen he's been older ....(or dead 😬 ---Gladiator ).
Some of those scenes are familiar: the masked "Hook Man" and the car backing off the cliff.
Yet "I have no memory" of having ever seen the movie. But maybe I was very young at the time ...7-8.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…