- Joined
- Apr 9, 2018
- Messages
- 11,358
I just remember his wisecracks being better in the second one.

Vincent Price... hands down, no contest. 😍
Agreed. Did you ever notice how bowlegged he was?I think Boris Karloff would have been fun to meet.
No I don't think but that's interesting. I liked Bedlam, was a good movie.Agreed. Did you ever notice how bowlegged he was?
Google BK along with his being bowlegged and see how he turned to his advantage in "Frankenstein."I don't remember noticing it in Bedlam, either.
The Val Lewton RKO films are interesting for many reasons, including the fact that all of them, except for one or two, feature female protagonists.
I would have liked to meet Lon Chaney, Sr., for his amazing character work in the silent film era as the Phantom and other roles. He was a master of disappearing into any part he was given, both physically and through his skill in makeup. ✨
"Bravo! Bravo! A marvelous performance! Although I was expecting you fifteen minutes earlier. Trouble with the chemistry set, old boy?"I would have liked to meet Lon Chaney, Sr., for his amazing character work in the silent film era as the Phantom and other roles. He was a master of disappearing into any part he was given, both physically and through his skill in makeup. ✨
Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi would be fun to meet too, though! I love their work in the early classic monster and horror films.
As an aside, I grew up knowing Vincent Price's voice as the dastardly Professor Ratigan in Disney's animated The Great Mouse Detective, so it's been interesting over this last year learning more about VP's prominent place in horror film history.
He was born in St Louis (as was moi **) in 1911