Hello everyone,
I’m looking for help with a translation into one of Tolkien’s Elvish languages — preferably Sindarin — for a tattoo I’m planning. The phrase I want to translate is:
"One vow is to find you. One vow is to love you. Through death, I will follow you."
I’ve tried using AI and automatic translators, but the results often seem inconsistent or inaccurate. Since this is for a tattoo, it’s very important to me that the translation is both grammatically correct and true to the original meaning.
I’d also love the phrase to look stylistically similar to the inscription on the One Ring — that flowing, elegant Tengwar script — but of course, not in the Black Speech, rather in Sindarin. I’m aiming for the visual aesthetic of the Ring’s inscription, but written in a true Elvish language.
I genuinely love the world Tolkien created — its depth, sadness, beauty, languages, and quiet heroism. Though to some of you I may seem like just another "poser" wanting a "pretty tattoo", I truly come here with respect and sincere intent to do this right.
If anyone knowledgeable in Tolkien’s languages could help me with a faithful translation of this phrase into Sindarin — I would be incredibly grateful.
Thank you so much in advance!
I’m looking for help with a translation into one of Tolkien’s Elvish languages — preferably Sindarin — for a tattoo I’m planning. The phrase I want to translate is:
"One vow is to find you. One vow is to love you. Through death, I will follow you."
I’ve tried using AI and automatic translators, but the results often seem inconsistent or inaccurate. Since this is for a tattoo, it’s very important to me that the translation is both grammatically correct and true to the original meaning.
I’d also love the phrase to look stylistically similar to the inscription on the One Ring — that flowing, elegant Tengwar script — but of course, not in the Black Speech, rather in Sindarin. I’m aiming for the visual aesthetic of the Ring’s inscription, but written in a true Elvish language.
I genuinely love the world Tolkien created — its depth, sadness, beauty, languages, and quiet heroism. Though to some of you I may seem like just another "poser" wanting a "pretty tattoo", I truly come here with respect and sincere intent to do this right.
If anyone knowledgeable in Tolkien’s languages could help me with a faithful translation of this phrase into Sindarin — I would be incredibly grateful.
Thank you so much in advance!
