• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Help With Chapter Titles for my 📔Book

1stvermont

Active Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2017
Messages
891
I have two chapter titles for my upcoming book that leave a very sour taste in my mouth. I would like to change them but I need the help of all the worthy folk on this forum who have nothing better to do. I hope that applies to at least a few. So the first chapter title that needs help is this

Attitudes Toward the Environment—the Free Peoples and the Shadow

The chapter is on the differences in how those under the shadow treat and view nature compared to the free peoples.

The next title that needs help is really an assortment of unrelated topics to the rest of the book but ones I wanted to include. Subjects such as Tolkien's view on allegory, his views on tradition, similarities that trees have to Tolkien's ents, and thoughts on escapism and fantasy in general. I was thinking of connecting the chapter title to the title of the book The Road Goes Ever on and on, But it does not have to be. I have some ideas below but the final does not need to resemble below at all.


An Assortment of Thoughts Further up the Road
Thinking Further Up the Road
Musings on the Road
More Thoughts on the Road
 
All I can think of at the moment is something like "Nature Through the Eyes of Light -- and Darkness".

Pretty awkward. 😖

No worse than mine lol. But I think your on to something because that better describes the material. It is not just how the opposing sides treated nature but how they viewed it and why they did so.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top