• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hobbiton Movie Set - Travel Story & Weird Facts

Nikos

Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Messages
2
So, I have finally decided to write about my recent trip to Hobbiton in New Zealand, the one and only Tolkienland (with the other one being Ireland, I guess). All the material I have written about was solely collected by me and most of the strange facts I have shared were gathered by locals in Matamata (yes, I have done my part of research). I hope you enjoy my travel stories and photos guys!

Hobbiton Movie Set is a colourful fantasyland


The famous Bag End,


The Green Dragon Inn bar


alexander-farm-new-zealand-matamata-hobbiton-movie-set-miles-with-vbes.jpg
 
When this virus has finally (hopefully!) run its course, anyone who has the chance should definitely get themselves over to NZ and visit this wonderful place. I was lucky enough to get over there last year and can't recommend it highly enough. Brilliant guides, really well integrated with the locals, nottihng too over-touristy (if that even makes sense).
Trip of a lifetime.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top