typhoonikan
New Member
- Joined
- Mar 16, 2008
- Messages
- 16
I have some discontinuities in my mind about Moria. Perhaps someone can set me clear.
I understand that during the time of Beleriand, Moria was an amazing place for dwarves. I'm confused on the fall of Moria.
Gimli tries to persuade Gandalf to leading the party into Moria, and goes on to say how they would be welcomed and could regroup. However, Gandalf seems to know that Moria is nothing but an Orc breeding ground now.
How does Gimli not know of the fall of his own people, while Gandalf does? Was it only a rumor that the peoples of Moria were besieged or invaded by orcs- not overtaken by them?
Also, how are the orcs of Moria different from those encountered when the party of The Hobbit passes through the Misty Mountains?
I'm sure I'm probably twisting the books and movie into one schema, but please forgive me. I'm trying to set this right.
I understand that during the time of Beleriand, Moria was an amazing place for dwarves. I'm confused on the fall of Moria.
Gimli tries to persuade Gandalf to leading the party into Moria, and goes on to say how they would be welcomed and could regroup. However, Gandalf seems to know that Moria is nothing but an Orc breeding ground now.
How does Gimli not know of the fall of his own people, while Gandalf does? Was it only a rumor that the peoples of Moria were besieged or invaded by orcs- not overtaken by them?
Also, how are the orcs of Moria different from those encountered when the party of The Hobbit passes through the Misty Mountains?
I'm sure I'm probably twisting the books and movie into one schema, but please forgive me. I'm trying to set this right.


