• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

How will the witch-king die ?

mr underhill

My Birthday 3rd of Dec
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
110
well..not die.... be vanquished you know what i mean...

if merry and pippin are still at Isengard and eowyn is way ahead of them how the hell is merry gonna get there ?

The only senseible way they could change this is by making gandalf realise isengard is empty and head there... then they can get the palantir back ( which is also a vital addition )...

oh well.. all looks set for Eowyn vs Witch-king and Aragorn vs Sauron ( in the last minutes of the fight the ring is destroyed )

i honestly think PJ's gonna use these messed up battles..
 
lol you have to remember that as far as the book goes, PJ finished the film halfway through the two towers, so there's still abit of TTT left to go. I don't think he's gonna be that stupid as to mess up the whole Eowyn Faramir thing which means he has to have her fight the witch king....
 
mr. underhill ...

There is plenty of time. As the post before said; ttt movie ended before ttt book. the movie ended with the company riding off to Isengarde.
Isengarde is probably ONE of the opening scenes in Rotk. But;Narsil reforged is said by PJ to be THE opening scene .... ( ?)

My take from all the threads I've read, and what I know of the books, and the pictures from the movies I have seen, Is that after Isengarde, but before the potd, and before he sees Eowyn again ..... Somehow the Narsil/Banner will be delivered to Aragorn . And he will be reminded of the prophecy ...
He will know Arwen is still here for him ... He will resolve to go to the Potd.
With only a few trusted friends. Legolas and Gimli, maybe some rangers of the north(?).
{maybe some elves, some say elrond and arwen but I do think so.}

Eowyn will be refused by him/ or see he and Arwen together before potd.
Then King Theodan will then not let her fight either ... He rides off too, leaving her with the women and children again! CAGED!
Enter 'dernhelm' ! Merry and Dernhelm go off to battle the WK !

You will see Eowyn shine as a shieldmaiden! :)

I believe that Rotk will arc back with respect to eowyn closer to the books. :)

Don't fear; it will be so good you will cheer and cry :)
 
Last edited:
Originally posted by mr underhill
Yeah.. i cant imagine Merry and Pippin waiting in isengard for the whole movie...


No they leave with the company ... and there is the palantir thing with pippin. Someone somewhere said they thought or heard that the scene with pippin and the palantir was filmed ... the actor said it was his toughest acting in the movie!!! :)
I think they will split like in the books to accomplish this ...
It should be fun to see this all done in 3 hours I hope PJ gets longer.
 
I hope the death of the witch king is as satisfying in the movie as it is in the book.

With PJ giving more meat to the women's roles, I can't imagine he'd cheat Eowyn of her moment. I just hope he doesn't cheat Merry, either.
 
i think that PJ wont cheat Merry or Eowyn of thier moments. It might be kind of tough to explain some thins becuse of where PJ left TTT off.
 

Today's events

Back
Top