• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

"I put the fear of fire on him..."

Just had a quick dive into some of YayGollum's posts.

Very interesting is one way of putting it.

'Evil torturer Gandalf' is a little strong for me, but I may resurrect the title 'Evil Sam'...

It's slightly disturbing to me to find how much of what he says actually makes quite a lot of sense!
 
I looked back at some of YayGollum's posts. They were quite entertaining. Anyway...

Gandalf does have a habit of threatening people with fire, but I'm sure he would never really burn anyone (well, except for those two times involving wolves attacking. Oh yeah, and that one time where he burned a bunch of goblins with sparks after breaking into their cave. Oh, and he never actually burned our friendly innkeeper, but there was a threat in writing regarding late mail delivery: 'I hope Butterbur sends this promptly...If he forgets I shall roast him.')
And look at what he did to these innocent hobbitses:
1723501335323.png

Yikes! Gandalf-the-Menace has the gall to begin his explosive threats even in Chapter 1!

'If you don't let me in, Frodo, I shall blow your door right down your hole and out through the hill...'

Threats in Chapter 1!!!
Is nothing sacred?!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top