Idril Celebrindal
Exile of Gondolin
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2024
- Messages
- 666
Sometimes I write random stuff, and I'll post it here. I'm open for suggestions, please let me know about any improvements that I can make to my writing.
Down below the evening’s light
Where shadows play their song
Lie tales told of quietude,
Lie tales told of renown.
Upon the heather and the heath,
On the forest ground
Dancing about a silver wreath
The shadows play their song.
A song that sings of silver rest,
A song that sings of dawn
A song that sings of fountain-falls.
A fountain where some drown.
Do not watch the shadows
When you listen to their song.
For they are but an echo
Of what lies beyond.
Heed not the shadows,
But find out what is true.
Though the song of the shadows may be loud
Listen! The truth is whispering to you.
Down below the evening’s light
Where shadows play their song
Lie tales told of quietude,
Lie tales told of renown.
Upon the heather and the heath,
On the forest ground
Dancing about a silver wreath
The shadows play their song.
A song that sings of silver rest,
A song that sings of dawn
A song that sings of fountain-falls.
A fountain where some drown.
Do not watch the shadows
When you listen to their song.
For they are but an echo
Of what lies beyond.
Heed not the shadows,
But find out what is true.
Though the song of the shadows may be loud
Listen! The truth is whispering to you.

