• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

If you could choose to be one of the Valar/Valier, which would you be?

If you could choose to be one of the Valar/Valier, which would you be?

  • Manwe

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Varda

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Aule

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yavanna

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Námo (Mandos)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaire

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Irmo (Lórien)

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Este

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orome

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vána

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tulkas

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Nessa

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ulmo

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nienna

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melkor

    Votes: 1 9.1%

  • Total voters
    11
I'm an ambient/trance/darkwave kinda guy. Love choral music though with Miserere Mei Deus one of my favourite. We have a growing popularity of Aboriginal/Classical hybrid music going around as the woodwind Didgeridoo compliments an orchestra well. I've read many a book and once had a signed copy of Magician by Raymond Feist when he visited Australia long ago. Sadly, lost the book somewhere.
 
I answered based on who I thought would be most fitting for me, based on my real life personality: Varda.

Not because I'm particularly regal or powerful, but because I'm that mom who is a sucker for giving in to my kids' puppy-dog-eye requests. I'd let my son have unlimited desserts if he said "please" sweetly enough. As Queen of the Valar I'd be granting prayer requests left and right, front and behind, and twisting my hubby Manwe's arm to do the same. Chaos!
 
I answered based on who I thought would be most fitting for me, based on my real life personality: Varda.

Not because I'm particularly regal or powerful, but because I'm that mom who is a sucker for giving in to my kids' puppy-dog-eye requests. I'd let my son have unlimited desserts if he said "please" sweetly enough. As Queen of the Valar I'd be granting prayer requests left and right, front and behind, and twisting my hubby Manwe's arm to do the same. Chaos!
Despite my username, I would say I'm quite like Vaire, minus the weaving - which is ironic, probably. I'd interpret the weaving in a more metaphorical sense:

Her tapestries give her a sense of being a wise scholar/philosopher that observes the world, similar to myself.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top