• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Is there any info on Military reserves in ME?

Hisoka Morrow

Eastern Anduin Battlefield Commander
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
854
JRRT did mention that the Wain-riders female civilians were trained enough in military combat to handle Ethod gurellian in the 1856 war, in other words, no wonder that the efficeincy of Wain-riders military reserves assembly really got skills, and might even match Super-Power like Gondor. Any other productive stuff about military reverses of ME?
 
I understand this as: Are there any more information on civilian populations of the peoples of Middle-Earth having at least partial military training and/or fighting capabilities?

Right now I can't think of any explicit statement made by Tolkien except him poiting out that for Haleths people fighting women were common. I think at least by comparison with other peoples this should probably count as some form of (notable or extraordinary) military reserve.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top