So you mean you are Scottish?
Well, yes... and no. You see, I'm 3/4 Scottish and 1/4 English. But Scotland is part of Britain, hence my being British also. Of course, you already knew that, I would hope.
Noo! Maths sounds SOOOO bad!! Why do you need to pluralize it?! Makes NOOO sense!!!
Why did
we need to pluralise it? Why did
you need to singularise it? I mean, it must have been Maths before Math. And when you think on it logically (as I hope I'm doing), Maths makes more sense.
There are many things within Mathematics; Calculus, Trig et al. The term maths probably is derived from
Mathematic
s. There being lots of things within it, so, make it plural. Or, the original is plural, so why not make the abbreviation plural?
Anyway, more Lord Of The Pants... um.
Treebeard on
Gandalf: The only Wizard who really cared about pants.
Quite a lame one though, methinks.