• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Merry & Pippin

grendel

Elite
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
522
I saw the two Hobbits in an interview with Steven Colbert, and it reminded me of a pet peeve of mine, that I don't think I've ever mentioned here....

Am I the only one who thinks Billy Boyd looks more like a "Merry", and Dominic Monaghan should have been "Pippin"? I mean, who was doing this casting, fer cryin' out loud?

1625104774676.png
Merry
1625104798327.jpeg
Pippin

It ain't rocket science.

At the other extreme, and I know it's a different trilogy, the casting of Billy Connolly as Dain Ironfoot... sheer effin' GENIUS!!

And on a completely unrelated topic, except it involves Billy Connolly... if you haven't seen Boondock Saints, please do.
 
I saw the two Hobbits in an interview with Steven Colbert, and it reminded me of a pet peeve of mine, that I don't think I've ever mentioned here....

Am I the only one who thinks Billy Boyd looks more like a "Merry", and Dominic Monaghan should have been "Pippin"? I mean, who was doing this casting, fer cryin' out loud?

View attachment 9879 MerryView attachment 9880 Pippin

It ain't rocket science.

At the other extreme, and I know it's a different trilogy, the casting of Billy Connolly as Dain Ironfoot... sheer effin' GENIUS!!

And on a completely unrelated topic, except it involves Billy Connolly... if you haven't seen Boondock Saints, please do.

love the boondock saints.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top