GuardianRanger
Calmindon
- Joined
- Jan 1, 2003
- Messages
- 472
I just finished extended edition of Return Of The King again and I noticed a couple of things.
There appears to be a "mini-Argonath" in the scene of the coronation of Aragorn. After he says the line "My friends, you bow to no one," the camera pulls back so that you can see all of the "courtyard." The hobbits are standing on a raised dias, or something. Behind them, standing (later kneeling) are some knights of Gondor. And it appears they are standing between the two statues of the Argonath. The arms are out and everything. Granted, they are facing Mordor. But still, I was surprised.
Also, at the end. When Sam comes home from the Grey Havens, he's walking inside with Rosie and the kids. When the camera is zooming in (to catch the door of his hobbit-hole shutting) you distinctly see a "3" on his mailbox. Mail in the Shire? And a significance to 3? I don't recall an address in the books. I just found it interesting.
There appears to be a "mini-Argonath" in the scene of the coronation of Aragorn. After he says the line "My friends, you bow to no one," the camera pulls back so that you can see all of the "courtyard." The hobbits are standing on a raised dias, or something. Behind them, standing (later kneeling) are some knights of Gondor. And it appears they are standing between the two statues of the Argonath. The arms are out and everything. Granted, they are facing Mordor. But still, I was surprised.
Also, at the end. When Sam comes home from the Grey Havens, he's walking inside with Rosie and the kids. When the camera is zooming in (to catch the door of his hobbit-hole shutting) you distinctly see a "3" on his mailbox. Mail in the Shire? And a significance to 3? I don't recall an address in the books. I just found it interesting.
