• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More preset titles

Obviously anyone with that type of post count will have the title ELGEE!

He he. . .

Seriously, I like Supreme Wonderful Super Being. . .
;)

GASP! WHEN DID YAY SURPASS ME!

Elgee faints. . .
 
HAHAHA... Iwas checking the Top Ten posters and noticed Yay was in front of you... I figured there'd be some super phycological thing goin on... Guess u didnt' find out untill just now!
 
Nope. . .it is totally evil of him to do this to me, after my reign of terror. . .

Anyway, how about Great Tolkienite for the top?

Or something like that. Somethign that reflects the author.
 
Yeah BC, Ardahíru and Ardatúru both mean "Lord of Arda".. I think they're good.. :eek:
Ooh, ELGEE would be so cool to have if a member surpasses 5000 posts! That would be sweet, seriously.. :cool:

By the way, this may be real cynical and stuff, but most members change their Title the second they have the chance anyway.. I change mine every so often (althuogh I guess I should keep it at 'Moderator'.. But that's just boring!)
 
Just another status symbol. . .everyone loves status symbols. . .

I'm working on 5,000, but most of my posts are Stuff and Bother, so I'm not going anywhere fast. . .Ah, the plight of the useless and off topic. . .;)
 
Well we change our titles because Loremaster is sooo achingly boring! And old!

Elite Tolkienite

Could be one...
 
Snobby Tolkienite could be another. . .









;)


I'M GOING TO GET YAY BACK DOWN THERE IF IT IS LAST THING I DO!

Elgee pants.
 
And then 15000 : ELGEE

I actually thought that was a good idea. No kidding.

BTW: A brilliant idea BC.
 
Si. . .very cute. . .very cool .. . Elgee's cute. . .the rest is cool. . .

Still behind on the post count thing. . .It looks like 15,000 will have to be Yay. . .
 
Is it just me or won't this increase spamming? People spam enough just to get to the 100 mark . . . I don't know that I want to know how much they'd spam to reach the others!
 
Spamming Spamming Spamming... Every thing is caused by Spamming! I don't think this happen. I just proposed this idea because the vast majority of this board consists of users well over the 100 mark. I think that the preset titles under 100 are completely useless if it only goes to 100... We can't be THIS tight on spam protection... It comes with every forum... there's always bound to be a little bit... But what's the fun if 75% of everyone is a Loremaster!? That's not much fun!
 
Suppose there are more preset user titles...What use would they be when anyone and everyone can change their title after they reach 100 posts? Anyone could change their title to what would normally require, say 1000 posts.

Nah, I don't think we really need this. If you want a certain title, you can change it to your heart's content. ;)
 
Hmm... Well I changed my title because there was nothing else after 100, so why just keep it at Loremaster? Now if there are other things I'm shooting for, then I would have a reason to keep the preset titles
 
I think it might be kind of fun. I don't think it would cause spamming. People spam to get an avatar or a custom user title. They don't normally spam to get the ones on the boards.

I would keep mine if they were cool, sometimes, and other times do the custom.
 
Well there ya go! When you got Elgee against you you know you're wrong!:D ;)
 
I'm going to remember that you said that and hold you to it if we ever get into an arguement, BC. . .Not that we will. . .but now I have POWER!

;)
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top