• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More Riddles in the Dark

hmm... just to get this thread going:

No Orc am I,
yet I love the night.
In deep shadows my home lie,
'cause I shun the sunlight.
From Dwarves I learned a lot
of metal work and fire breath.
The Noldor gave me naught,
save only...death.


who am I?

BTW: you can rip my head off for posting without permission... just be gentle;) (can't help it, love riddles too darn much:p)
 
Lhunithiliel said:
Those were Gimli and Legolas counting the enemies they'd killed and trying to get even in score.
Well that riddle barely relates to that at all...:rolleyes: They didn't end up even- Gimli won by one kill.
And what did the "student" part have to do with it?
 
guess that:
Lhunithiliel said:
Once again - DON'T MIND THE NUMBERS!
It's the mathematical process...
is the answer... it doesn't have to be a description of the whole event... maybe they were even at some point ;)

Great job, Ambartur... of course it's Eol (easy, right?) You're next! Give us a riddle, make this thread continue...

:D
 
I'm really not that great at making up riddles, to be honest. If I can think up something, then I'll post it, but don't wait for me if somebody else has one.
 
Just to get this thread going...

Dark is my nature,
My strenght goes with dread.
In dirty mountain 'halls'
My minions are being bred.
Although my power is great,
I once had to surrender
in front of my watchtower's gate.


Easy, easy... don't rush! :p
 
*clapping his hands*

good you are... and I hoped to (maybe) catch ya on this ;)

you're up, Aule...
 
Oki then, here it is - i hope it's not too easy:

First take the ends of something gleaming
The Noldor found and to wield they learnt,
Then find me what’s farthest from beginning:
When all but Eru will have burned.

And you seek then the heart of she,
Who dwells with Manwe in his halls,
And then maybe you look and see
What Eru made of the chaos that was.

But do not think from start to end:
Start with your fourth, last guess
Go through them all and then my friend,
The name you find shall bring me rest .
 
No, it isn't... but come on, you guys defy the purpose of my little poem. Try to piece the things together, two guesses will already tell you what you want to know.
 
Maybe it's too early... or... maybe I'm always so dumb, but...

is it Earendil?

First take the ends of something gleaming
Silmaril
Then find me what's farthest from beginning
end

got Earendil out of these lines... am i (even) close? Maya?
 
First take the ends of something gleaming
The Noldor found and to wield they learnt,
Then find me what’s farthest from beginning:
When all but Eru will have burned.

And you seek then the heart of she,
Who dwells with Manwe in his halls,
And then maybe you look and see
What Eru made of the chaos that was.

But do not think from start to end:
Start with your fourth, last guess
Go through them all and then my friend,
The name you find shall bring me rest .


That was the riddle: Now the key was:

Take the ends of something gleaming that the Noldor liked: mithril
The farthest from beginning: end
she who lives with Manwe is Varda, the heart of whom is r
Eru made of the chaos Ea - with the two little dots on the a

Therefore the answer is - and you guessed it right, Manveru - Earendil. You're up!
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top