• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More Riddles in the Dark

what am I?

They moved him not from where he fell,
And built me up so all could tell.
His name was carved in runes above
The name of her, his greatest love;
Who did not in my bosom lie,
For Taeglin swallowed her, not I.
 
Dagnir Glaurunga?
The stone that marked Túrin's death. (And the greatest love being his sister! Yuck! :eek: )
 
Spot on, Aulë.

Turin was not wrong to love his sister, but not knowing who she was, he misunderstood the nature of his feelings and misapplied that love. Too hot headed by half

Have you got a riddle ready?
 
One of the first,
One of the second,
Two of the third,
One from the start,
And four halves.
 
Eledhwen said:
This looks to me like the Fellowship of the Ring

One of the first(born) - Legolas
One of the second (age, by lineage etc) - Aragorn
Two of the third (age, by birth) - Gimli and Boromir
One from the start - the maia Gandalf
And four halves - the Hobbits

Am I anywhere near?
Well you have the right answer. But not quite the right explaination...
Dwarves came before Men ;) Therefore Gimli is the One of the second.

Your turn. :)
 
I would like to throw it open to someone who hasn't joined this thread yet to pose a riddle. I'll wait 24 hours.
 
well, according to my watch (whatever the time zone;)) the 24h is long in the past... c'mon... i'd like to see this rolling...

unfortunately, i'm not "someone new here" (shoot, i could have tried to post, maybe noone would notice that;))
 
Go ahead, Manveru; I wouldn't be able to preprare anything before tomorrow now.
 
okay, just to get this thing rolling...

i know it's slappy, but:

I was sent by my 'hidden' master
To bring help in fight with great Foe.
But my errand was a disaster
And in the end...
I met a 'herald of woe'.
 
I was sent by my 'hidden' master
To bring help in fight with great Foe.
But my errand was a disaster
And in the end...
I met a 'herald of woe'.

Hmm! Beleg Strongbow?
 
nay, i'm looking for a servant of another "hidden king"...
(that should do it...)
 
I'll have to go away and think about it. I reckon I've got the right hidden king; I just need to think of someone who hit the treacle in his service. :confused: :p
 
c'mon... it's easy...

starting with V_ _ _ _ _ _

one - only - out of seven
in snow-white foam lost
seeking a road to "heaven"
paid a bitter-sweet(?!) cost...


a whole series of hints at one sitting... now, your turn (whoever you might be;))
 
Voronwe! Yay! I Got it now! He went out to find Valinor, but instead crashed and was gracefully returned to ME. Huzzah!

Once again, I'm afraid I can't post a riddle. While I may be hald-way decent at figuring them out, I can't make them up worth a flip...
 
Seven there were.
The fourth was last and lost.
Then the last sailed last.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top