• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More Riddles in the Dark

Nose of a hound
Poison for an orc
Eyes of a hawk
And great knowledge of all growing things

Who am I?




(I didn't make this up myself- found it in a book)
 
hmm... well then...
Elves have sharp eyes, love all growing things and... aren't fond of orcs, but that about their noses... hmm... and closer?
 
Manveru said:
hmm... well then...
Elves have sharp eyes, love all growing things and... aren't fond of orcs, but that about their noses... hmm... and closer?
No- not Elves.
And going by species- you're getting further away.
 
Rog said:
(I didn't make this up myself- found it in a book)
no more shots then... taking the above quote into consideration, i haven't touched T-books for about six months... :(
 
Rog said:
Nose of a hound
Poison for an orc
Eyes of a hawk
And great knowledge of all growing things

Who am I?

QUOTE]Crumbs! Beorn? Though 'Nose of a bear' would be his 1st line.

'great knowledge of all growing things' is a stumper. I can't think of anyone who fits that category except perhaps Tom Bombadil, but the other bits don't match.

Hmmmm. (thinks...)
 
Eledhwen said:
Rog said:
Nose of a hound
Poison for an orc
Eyes of a hawk
And great knowledge of all growing things

Who am I?
Crumbs! Beorn? Though 'Nose of a bear' would be his 1st line.

'great knowledge of all growing things' is a stumper. I can't think of anyone who fits that category except perhaps Tom Bombadil, but the other bits don't match.

Hmmmm. (thinks...)
Nope, both guesses are wrong.
 
Close.

But remember that I'm not looking for an individual....
 
I don't think the river is a who.
Well, if its not an individual...is it maybe just the wild men of the woods in general? :confused:
 
Okay, I'm not very good at this, but here goes:

My father never would approve
of the things that I had done
I went out, and gazed upon the One

although he didn't care
I went out and fought many battles for him
even though he didn't notice
I did all for him.


Who am I?
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top