My apologies for mistaking who you were dressed up as. But that wasn't my point. Thorin was painting people who dress up as some sort of nutter-fanatics. I don't agree with that stereotype, and the only reason I brought up your name was to show that the act of dressing-up in character was not just confined to fans of the movie (as decades of RenFests have no doubt shown).Rhiannon said:No, I went to the film in a bright blue gown based on the styles of the Renaissance. I unfortunately have a closer resemblance physically to Ioreth than Eowyn. And the fact that I attended the film in costume has very little to do with my devotion to or any admiration for said film--my friends and I used the films as an excuse to get together for our own reasons, which included designing and making costumes for Ren fests. Either way, I totally fail to see the relevance...but anyway, it wasn't an Eowyn costume.
If anybody is interested in discussing the characterizations in the films, I'd love to hubristically suggest my own thread on the matter: Characterization in the third movie was absolutely PERFECT!!!
That thread has been languishing in obscurity for a while now, and it would be fun (for me at least) if anybody wanted to bring in new perspectives.
