• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Need this verse translated

Mahanaxar

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Messages
25
Hello guys, yet another request. I want to inscribe something on a metallic plate, but I need someone to help me translate this to Quenya.

"The world is grey, the mountains old
The forges fire is ashen-cold
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls
The darkness dwells in Durin's Halls
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dum;
But still the sunken stars appear
In dark and windless Mirrormere
There lies his crown in water deep
Till Durin wakes again from sleep"

I realize this is a bit tricky but any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: If Quenya proves to be difficult, Sindarin is also acceptable.

Much much thanks !
 
Last edited:

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top