Originally posted by Gandalf White
No, they are different.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I'm not a fad, I'm a LotWLtMJNAA.Originally posted by simbelmyne
Chock up one for FADs...
Well, half simple, so far.Originally posted by markrob
Its quite simple really. A + B = C....You got a bonus lesson, simple English and Math all at the same time.
Welcome to the world of the aggressive FADs, GW. That's just markrob's style. you just ignore him and he goes away.Originally posted by Gandalf White
Markrob:
Your equation=rudeAre you sure you weren't banned for a while?
Originally posted by Gandalf White
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I'm not a fad, I'm a LotWLtMJNAA.
Originally posted by Thorin
Welcome to the world of the aggressive FADs, GW.
I think you left off the last part! PDJWFttBaTDtM (Person disappointed Jackson Wasn't Faithful to the Book and Therefore Dislike the Movies).Yes, and I'm not a purist but a PDJWFttB (Person Disappointed Jackson Wasn't Faithful to the Book).
People can change their minds though, about what they like and dislike. I suggest that it is perfectly possible, and certainly desirable, that people would have second, or many more, thoughts on the matter, and change their assessments with regard to like or dislike. We may not be able to convince them - we might not want to do that - but we can offer ideas leading to a re-think, and surely that brings life back into the debate.Originally posted by Mrs. Maggott
....that which is entirely subjective: did or didn't the individual like the films? And how can that point be disputed? I cannot convince someone to dislike what they like nor can they convince me to like what I do not like. Therefore, it would seem that the ongoing "Purist" v. FAD debate is rather sterile to say the least.
Hey now! Unfair conclusion! Link up the logic between "Admitting PJ was not faithful" + "liking the movies" = "it's alright that PJ slaughtered the books." Legally, of course, it was. If you think it doesn't matter to me, you're wrong. Give me some time to think, and I'll come up with how I can like both.So, in fact, you admit that Jackson was not faithful to the book, but you like what he did so it's okay!
Yes, it has been for quite some time now. Sometimes it gets me so bored I have to take a weeks break or so. Oh well, just can't stay away longer than that.Therefore, what is left to be disputed accept that which is entirely subjective: did or didn't the individual like the films? And how can that point be disputed? I cannot convince someone to dislike what they like nor can they convince me to like what I do not like. Therefore, it would seem that the ongoing "Purist" v. FAD debate is rather sterile to say the least.
What I try to argue is that in and of themselves the movies are good. (Yes, I know you'll disagree, especially with TTT.) I do not try to argue that PJ is justified or was right in disregarding his source material.The problem with most (not all) FADs is that they keep getting the point confused.
Originally posted by Gandalf White
I think simbelmyne would like to accept this viewpoint although he/shedoesn't want to admit it.
Originally posted by simbelmyne
Hey thanks, GW for realizing my views aren't strickly purist...more like the GW camp for FOTR and the MM/joxy camp for TTT (Or am I just in denial?)If we are in camps at all....I'd like to think of TTF as one,big happy group...
It must have been many posts ago, because I missed it. My apologies. Let it suffice to say I have the worst problems judging gender here on this Forum.Originally posted by simbelmyne
I already explained, many posts ago, that I was a girl. How many guys would name themselves after a flower???
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?