Halasían
A Retired Dúnedain Ranger Fishing Lake Evendim
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2001
- Messages
- 2,277
Bad News on the Thanksgiving doorstep today. Alice Brock passed away at age 83. I knew she had a lot of health problems and I donated to a GoFundMe page to help pay some medical bills back in 2020. She took the time to thank all her donors with an email...
As a kid, I loved hearing the story-song Alice's Restaurant on KOL 94.1 FM in Seattle. At 18½ minutes, only the underground backwater FM sister station of KOL 1300 AM could get away with playing it. In the 1970s I first saw the movie that was made, and I think my girlfriend and I were at the drive-in just about every day it showed that week. Alice of course was played by actress Pat Quinn, but she had a cameo in the movie's thanksgiving scene as the woman who answered the ringing phone.
Alice, Richard, and Arlo on the step of 'the church' on Thanksgiving 2022.
Arlo and Richard were the notorious 'litterers' in the story, which actually happened.
Rest easy Alice Brock. Ageing Children, she was one...
"To all the very dear kind and generous folks who chipped in to my GoFundMe page. It went over the top and I am overwhelmed by the response. The comments that people wrote are heartwarming and I hope I don't get a swelled head. Everyone has a story and I appreciate you sharing yours with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Peace and Love to All, Alice”
As a kid, I loved hearing the story-song Alice's Restaurant on KOL 94.1 FM in Seattle. At 18½ minutes, only the underground backwater FM sister station of KOL 1300 AM could get away with playing it. In the 1970s I first saw the movie that was made, and I think my girlfriend and I were at the drive-in just about every day it showed that week. Alice of course was played by actress Pat Quinn, but she had a cameo in the movie's thanksgiving scene as the woman who answered the ringing phone.
Alice, Richard, and Arlo on the step of 'the church' on Thanksgiving 2022.
Arlo and Richard were the notorious 'litterers' in the story, which actually happened.
Rest easy Alice Brock. Ageing Children, she was one...
