• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Return to Hobbiton????

Scouring of the Shire!!

Hello all,
I have heard that PJ has deleted or omitted the Scouring of the Shire for what ever reasons. If it is indeed omitted or left out, Iam going to be pissed off!! To me that is an important part of the book and moral of the story; the growing of a person, fighting for what's right and good, protecting your own, etc.. The trilogy started in the Shire and its people and the beauty of them and the Shire. It should end there as well as the book did!!
Take care,
"Am Boghadair"
 
I am continually amazed by the number of people who don't realize that the Scouring of the Shire is out, and has been so from the beginning. It is, theatrically speaking, anti-climactic.

By the way, does anyone know how PJ will (or if he will ) kill Saruman?
The Scouring of the Shire was vital in that aspect of the story, and I can't imagine how PJ will twist the story in order to bring about the demise of the fallen wizard.

This is a rather easy thing to 'fix.' One possibility (indeed the best, and possibly only, one) is that Wormtongue disposes of Saruman at Orthanc, instead of Gandalf allowing Saruman to stay, and consequently persuading Treebeard to let him escape.
 
My guess is that after Wormtongue throws the Palantir out of Orthanc, Saruman and Wormtongue engage in mortal combat that ends with the wizard and his henchman falling out of the highest room in Orthanc and landing at the feet of Treebeard with a splat. To which Treebeard responds with a 15 minute thought on the oddity of wizards, (the speech peppered with many a boorrrarrruumm!, of course).
Typical PJ horror scene. :eek:
 
If it's not in the TE, it's doubtful the Palantir is thrown out at all. I believe Wormtongue will cut Saruman's throat, though I am not sure.

PJ would never have 15 straight minutes of Treebeard talking, much to my relief.

I somehow doubt you've seen the typical PJ horror scene...:rolleyes: ;)
 
I heard that Sam goes back to Hobbiton, like in the book, saying"I'm back." because I saw a pic of Sam, and it looked like something was jumping at him, and I think it was one of his children.Maybe Elanor. But I can't be sure about all of this.

Of course Sam is a bachelor when he starts out on the quest. If Frodo and the rest of the part head directly from Minas Tirth and the wedding to the Grey Havens, how will Sam return to anything but the Gaffer in Hobbiton?
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top