• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Rings of Power Stuff

It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment.’ ................ Sherlock Holmes
The evidence would suggest they either a) didn't read the book, or b) didn't care. Possibly both.
 
The evidence would suggest they either a) didn't read the book, or b) didn't care. Possibly both.
It is certainly a possibility.
 
All sold out in my area or I'd be there in a flash
 
I'm sure there will be a minority of the ticket-grabbers only doing so to disrupt the presentations. I will enjoy the premiere in the comfort of my own home.
OTOH, you could have enjoyed hearing the majority telling them to shut up.
 
Nice pic, except.... er.... is that suppose to be Galadriel? Because that looks very like a Feanorian star...

View attachment 15126
Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. You think it sux because ... yadda yadda...'Amazon' ... yadda yadda.

Standing in a room with an emblem is a pretty far reach to get to that.

OTOH, you could have enjoyed hearing the majority telling them to shut up.
Yeah, but it wouldn't be preferred on my first watch.
 
Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. You think it sux because ... yadda yadda...'Amazon' ... yadda yadda.
No. I think it will suck because
  • Amaz*n has no respect for Tolkien's life's work and will twist it into something unrecognisable just so Bez*s can have his very own GoT rip-off.
  • Bez*s and Amaz*n are morally bankrupt hypocrites for trading on the diversity card and calling fans racist for not buying into this manure, when the company has been shown to have an appalling record on human rights and exploitation around the world, which is the basis of Bez*s' immense wealth. I'm not allowed to go into detail here because No Politik Allowed. Google it.
But from your comment I guess you don't think either of those are problematic?
 
What are the rules on white-collar crime? 👿
How things change ...
Yup, we're on owner #3 as far as I know and this one has shown great interest in making TTF more lively and active. So glad, I was getting bored not having to moderate anyone since yinz all behave so well
As to that rolling pin ... I still have a 34-inch, 33-ounce wooden Adirondack baseball bat (from my high school days so pre-1973). Ya don't really want to head-to head with that ...
 
Modern cinema has made my imagination pretty vivid in this respect, so, sadly, I can imagine them making Tauriel look like tolkienesque masterpiece in comparison...
At least Tauriel, although not canonical, did not look dirt cheap. which is the impression got from the trailers of even the canonical characters.
 
Nope. I use Amazon Prime for other TV content and for free shipping, and will watch Rings of Power and will likely enjoy it.
You're posting this sort of proves my point in relation to trying to talk about the Rings of Power series here on TTF though, so thanks for that.
Now that this thread is well and truly derailed, I'll start another one next time.
 
I wonder if the race of man realizes that the most divisive religion in the world today is the Religion of Opinion?
It may seem so in the few places where opinions can still go head-to-head.
I personally see much huger swaths of humanity being subjected to something for which the German language has the ugly term "Gleichschaltung" ... 👿
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…