Ealdwyn
wandering over the misty mountains cold
- Joined
- May 24, 2020
- Messages
- 1,181
But which is more likely?We could, but personally I prefer to take a more positive view of things.![]()

But which is more likely?We could, but personally I prefer to take a more positive view of things.![]()
But which is more likely?
The evidence would suggest they either a) didn't read the book, or b) didn't care. Possibly both.It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment.’ ................ Sherlock Holmes
It is certainly a possibility.The evidence would suggest they either a) didn't read the book, or b) didn't care. Possibly both.
OTOH, you could have enjoyed hearing the majority telling them to shut up.I'm sure there will be a minority of the ticket-grabbers only doing so to disrupt the presentations. I will enjoy the premiere in the comfort of my own home.![]()
Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. You think it sux because ... yadda yadda...'Amazon' ... yadda yadda.Nice pic, except.... er.... is that suppose to be Galadriel? Because that looks very like a Feanorian star...
View attachment 15126
Yeah, but it wouldn't be preferred on my first watch.OTOH, you could have enjoyed hearing the majority telling them to shut up.
No. I think it will suck becauseYeah yeah yeah, we get it. You think it sux because ... yadda yadda...'Amazon' ... yadda yadda.
Correct. So don't press the Rulz, plz.No Politik Allowed
What are the rules on white-collar crime? 👿Correct. So don't press the Rulz, plz.No Politik Allowed.
What are the rules on white-collar crime? 👿
How things change ...What are the rules on white-collar crime? 👿![]()
As to that rolling pin ... I still have a 34-inch, 33-ounce wooden Adirondack baseball bat (from my high school days so pre-1973). Ya don't really want to head-to head with that ...Yup, we're on owner #3 as far as I know and this one has shown great interest in making TTF more lively and active. So glad, I was getting bored not having to moderate anyone since yinz all behave so well![]()
I do miss the pre-ROP days, it was a lot less busy on the mod side lolHow things change ...
As to that rolling pin ... I still have a 34-inch, 33-ounce wooden Adirondack baseball bat (from my high school days so pre-1973). Ya don't really want to head-to head with that ...![]()
Ya don't really want to head-to head with that ...
At least Tauriel, although not canonical, did not look dirt cheap. which is the impression got from the trailers of even the canonical characters.Modern cinema has made my imagination pretty vivid in this respect, so, sadly, I can imagine them making Tauriel look like tolkienesque masterpiece in comparison...
Nope. I use Amazon Prime for other TV content and for free shipping, and will watch Rings of Power and will likely enjoy it.No. I think it will suck because
But from your comment I guess you don't think either of those are problematic?
- Amaz*n has no respect for Tolkien's life's work and will twist it into something unrecognisable just so Bez*s can have his very own GoT rip-off.
- Bez*s and Amaz*n are morally bankrupt hypocrites for trading on the diversity card and calling fans racist for not buying into this manure, when the company has been shown to have an appalling record on human rights and exploitation around the world, which is the basis of Bez*s' immense wealth. I'm not allowed to go into detail here because No Politik Allowed. Google it.
It may seem so in the few places where opinions can still go head-to-head.I wonder if the race of man realizes that the most divisive religion in the world today is the Religion of Opinion?