No doubt.
I think I acknowledged your admitting there was no vow, and no evidence of them referring to the Frankfurt school.
I don't think I mentioned anything about a "ceremony", so I am at a loss as to why you are referring to a ceremony.
I think you mean
Elves and
Dwarves rather than
Men.
And I think I mentioned earlier something about some grudges being held.
You had not mentioned
Mim previously.
But yes some Elves hunted the
Petty-Dwarves,not realizing they were Incarnates, when the Petty-Dwaves first showed up in
Beleriand (before the Dwarves of Belegost and Nogrod came into Beleriand). So 8000 years or something before the
events of LotR.
They stopped when they realized that the Petty-Dwarves were some sort of Dwarf-kind, and left them alone after.
Part of the same 'war'. Again 6500 years prior, and not
Gimli's folk.
Also it was not a "host of men and elves", but just elves and in one variant
Ents. No Men saw
Beren after he and
Luthien returned from
Mandos.
"In ancient days they had had
wars with some of the dwarves, whom they accused of stealing their treasure. It is only fair to say that the dwarves gave a different account, and said that they only took what was their due, for the elf-king had bargained with them to shape his raw gold and silver, and had afterwards refused to give them their pay. If the elf-king had a weakness it was for treasure, especially for silver and white gems; and though his hoard was rich, he was ever eager for more, since he had not yet as great a treasure as other elf-lords of old."
This is a reference to the events involving
Thingol and the Dwarves of Nogrod.
And "In ancient days" does not equal "for most of known history".
And "...
Thorin’s family had had nothing to do with
the old quarrel I have spoken of."
You keep providing quotes of things I did not say.
What you claimed was:
"But
Tolkien’s version stitches together a “Fellowship” whose families don’t intermarry, comprising
races at
(Notice how I actually quote you, rather than inventing a quote and attributing it to you.
What I asked was:
"Which groups of the Fellowship's races are at fierce bloody war with each other?"
So far you have provided none. But rather made some excuse about what you claimed was "fierce bloody war with each other for most of known history" as meaning "cold war"....
Your claim was "“Fellowship” whose families don’t intermarry,".
I pointed out there was intermarriage in the families.
It strange to claim that the intermarriage of Elves and Men does not prove intermarriage of Elves and Men.
Correct, such intermarriages were very rare.
Is that what you meant to say when you claimed about the Fellowship "whose families don’t intermarry?
Did you mean rather that Elves and Men only very rarely intermarry?
If your assertion was "“Fellowship” whose families don’t intermarry,", and I noted intermarriage in various families in the Fellowship, then your claim is wrong.
Gandalf looks like an old man, and Tolkien describes Gandalf as looking like an old man.
Aragorn is the product of intermarriage between Elves and Men (and a
Maia).
Aragorn and
Boromir should bear some resemblance to each other, both being tall, fair, dark-haired Men of
Numenorean descent.
The
Hobbits should bear some resemblance to each other (small, unbearded) and
Frodo,
Merry and
Pippin were related.
While Gimli should be short, thick and bearded.
They (Gimli and the Hobbits) are made to appear that way
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Peter Jackson’s film adaptation makes the group look superficially homogenous".
Homogeneous how, exactly?
You might not need to clarify your meaning, if you would more carefully choose your words.
Because, so far, your various initial usage of words such as:
"The Inklings vowed to fight the cynicism and godlessness of their counterparts at the Frankfurt School in Germany."
Has turned out to be clarified as you not meaning they actually vowed something about the Frankfurt School.
and:
"But Tolkien’s version stitches together a “Fellowship” whose families don’t intermarry, comprising races at fierce bloody war with each other for most of known history."
Has turned out to mean a 'cold war' or 'grievances' after a war 6500+ years ago between between some Elves related to
Legolas, and Dwarves not related to Gimli, rather than a fiece bloody war that has gone on for 6500+ years...
Or some distrust on the part of the Hobbits...
While the "don't intermarry" turns out to mean there was some intermarriage...