• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Poetry Short Creations with Words

Erurávennë

Lover of all that matters ~ From PA, USA
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
255
For short writings I want to share here with members on the forum. I have read some of other members beautiful work and I think I would like to contribute. Who knows what I will come up with in the future? The ideas are endlessly brewing.

A little creation from today:


The Moon

Silver, sad or simply healing, sighing, flowing, seems weary of its life.
Best told by its ways, wanderings, whispers?
Like reeds on a lapping shore more beautiful by its light.
Like its guise - mysterious, foamy, preserving man’s adventures.
Like a long, drawl howl of a wolf speaking to it.
Like a lonely soul in its still, quiet presence.
Like cold blue steel flashing in its cool, silver streams.
Like its stealing through some cavern’s crack into a lonely pool.
Like its revealing forgotten holes for treasure, diamond flashing, guarded by beasts.
Like a perilous trek up snowy mountains in a blizzard.
Like its unfailing company to the many, piercing, cheerful stars.
Like a forgotten prisoner weary of life, in deep dungeons, long moldy, choking, bare.
Like a half forgotten tale, whispered among ancient beings, veiled by time.
Like a clear, true, silver laugh echoing in great halls.
Revealing, and concealing, comforting, quavering, go its streaming shafts.​
 

Similar threads

Back
Top