Halasían
A Retired Dúnedain Ranger Fishing Lake Evendim
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2001
- Messages
- 2,277
(Original post of mine in 2006)
I love the era this is set in as too little is said or written of Arnor.
I have to say in my humble opinion; in trying to reach that tolkienishness of tale-telling, it seems to have a dry, 'forced aire' feeling to it. I want to get engaged into this story, but I just can't seem to get excited about the characters. You should try putting more feeling into the characters instead of the seeming distant narrativishness it has, which style fit much better into the 'Letters to Firiel' write. I do like the overall story and the work in the timeline and some of the names you came up with.
Valandil, I re-read this again some 16-17 years later and it reads much better than it obviously did back in the day.
I love the era this is set in as too little is said or written of Arnor.
I have to say in my humble opinion; in trying to reach that tolkienishness of tale-telling, it seems to have a dry, 'forced aire' feeling to it. I want to get engaged into this story, but I just can't seem to get excited about the characters. You should try putting more feeling into the characters instead of the seeming distant narrativishness it has, which style fit much better into the 'Letters to Firiel' write. I do like the overall story and the work in the timeline and some of the names you came up with.
Valandil, I re-read this again some 16-17 years later and it reads much better than it obviously did back in the day.

