• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Discussion ~ Tales of Nolduryon ~

Vardarianna

Princess of Arnor and Gondor
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
389
For discusion of @Valandil's wonderful fanfic Tales of Nolduryon. I didn't see a discussion thread for it so hopefully it's ok to start one?

In the opening post, I love the viewpoint given by Nolduryon (fictional 3rd son of Arnor's King Arantar) as an aged 'Chief Scribe and Loremaster' under his elder brother King Tarcil. I love the light being shown on the women of the story. Tolkien didn't mention queens/wives, or really develop the queens/wives he did mention. So I find this story fascinating and have to say it has some of the feel of the one I'm writing. I will note that I was 10 when this was shared here and had only discovered Middle-earth a couple years before.


I skimmed through this earlier but am now going back and reading it in more depth. I'll make commentary as I go. I love your writing Valandil!
 
Last edited:
For discusion of @Valandil's wonderful fanfic Tales of Nolduryon. I didn't see a discussion thread for it so hopefully it's ok to start one?

In the opening post, I love the viewpoint given by Nolduryon (fictional 3rd son of Arnor's King Arantar) as an aged 'Chief Scribe and Loremaster' under his elder brother King Tarcil. I love the light being shown on the women of the story. Tolkien didn't mention queens/wives, or really develop the queens/wives he did mention. So I find this story fascinating and have to say it has some of the feel of the one I'm writing. I will note that I was 10 when this was shared here and had only discovered Middle-earth a couple years before.


I skimmed through this earlier but am now going back and reading it in more depth. I'll make commentary as I go. I love your writing Valandil!
Triple Thanks! For starting in to read the story, for the kind words about it, and for starting this Discussion Thread! :)
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top