• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Dark Lords

?

  • Dark Lord Sauron

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Dark Lord Witch-King of Angmar (aka lord of nazgul?

    Votes: 13 59.1%

  • Total voters
    22
Ummm...neither. I would be smart and run away. If I had to I'd pick the Nazgul dude because at least I know that he was killed by a lady and a hobbit!
 
Originally posted by YayGollum
Ummm...neither. I would be smart and run away. If I had to I'd pick the Nazgul dude because at least I know that he was killed by a lady and a hobbit!

Same here. He was destroyed with a sword.

Pardon my ignorance, but can or could Souron be destroyed in that way? With a sword I mean.:confused:
 
How can you not put a neither option down? It's probably because it's what everyone would choose :rolleyes:. I said Sauron only because Nazguls scare the hell out of me!
 
I really can't say either becouse I am a big wuss (as I have said on another thread) and would run in cowardice at the mear site of either! Still if I had to pick I would say the Nazgul Lord becouse they are only servents of Sauron, so they must be weaker. If they were stronger than him he would be the Nazguls servent. However like I said before I would never (not in my craiziest nightmare) take on either of them. In the movie just the call of the Nazguls makes me feel sick:eek:

P.S. is Sauron a humman?
P.S.S. sorry if a mispelled the names. I don't have time at the moment to look them up in my book.
 
Originally posted by amerxtremist
without the ring he can. It makes no difference because he owned the ring. all people can be killed by blade.

To quote the good Bucky

What's this? The AMATEUR thread?

Sauron's physical form could be destroyed with or without the Ring. And another thing, the Witch-King was not a Dark Lord, he was a servant of the Dark Lord. Geez, get it right. Go and read some more books.
 
I don't really know. It would be scary to have to go against eather one of them. But I don't think I would ever be worthy enough to be a ring bearer for a powerful dark ring anyway and so hopefully I wouldn't have to go against eather of them!:eek: But I think that it would go against nazgu because I would be more scared trying to beat a wizard than a dark lord that had been defeted once before
 
but sauron wasnt technically a wizard. He was the same race of wizards. The Nazgul Lord defeats his opponents with fear, right? Who has ever stood up to him and not winced at just his cloak (besides Eowyn)? I know of 2 people (from another post) who went up against sauron and werent brought to their knees. Sauron wins by force, TNL wins by fear.
 
At first I would prefer to fight the Witch-King as Sauron is a Maia & the WK a man (well at first, anyway), so I would have a chance.
But since Glorfindel's "Not by the hand of Man shall he fall" (referring to the WK) that completely counts me out so, to have a chance at all, I'd have to fight Sauron! Erk!
 
Originally posted by Zale
At first I would prefer to fight the Witch-King as Sauron is a Maia & the WK a man (well at first, anyway), so I would have a chance.
But since Glorfindel's "Not by the hand of Man shall he fall" (referring to the WK) that completely counts me out so, to have a chance at all, I'd have to fight Sauron! Erk!

Zale, I thought you were a girl! No offence, the name says it. A woman could defeat the Lord of the Nazgul, Eowyn did. As for all of you trying to continue this thread, read my previous post and actually look at it and understand what it says. The Witch King was no Dark Lord.
 
None taken Ulairi, but IF ANYONE EVER MAKES THAT MISTAKE AGAIN THEY WILL SUFFER MY WRATH! :D

(actually my real name is Alex, which is where Zale comes from (rearrange the letters, replace the X with a Z), so it could have worked in 'real' life!)
 
hmmm.....

technically, if you were in a duel with either sauron or the witch king, nothing exept the ring would make them die. the witch king would only die if sauron himself died, and the only way to do that is to destroy the ring in the cracks of doom. so if it were me, id be running away as fast as i could because if you shoved a sword through their guts, their spirit would live on....
 
Good point. But if the Witch-King went head to head with Sauron the outcome would be inevitable. The master defeating the servant.
 
Exactly. So (although it is a silly question because I doubt anybody would actually want to fight either of the Lords :)) I would choose the less strong of the two, if I had to choose one. The Lord of the Nazgûl was a transmogrified Man, whereas Sauron wasa 'demi-god', Maia.
 
The witch-king for sure! Just think about it. Eowyn stood up before him without feeling fear (or at least without showing it). Sauron could play much more difficult games than a duel with a sword. He would start using his magic and stuff and then I wouldn't stand a chance.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top